What's new

Need sub suggestions that would be as good or better as 12/2 ultra for movies and mus (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Have a pb12/2 ultra and think it is great, but what else is out there that would be as good or better under $4000? I have had 3 different subs in and out of my system in the past few months and am relizing that I Love to hear different subs in my system. This has fully turned into a hobby for me which I was not planning on, but am verry much enjoying. The 12/2 ultra has been the best so far, but I am wondering what else would be as good or better for under $4000? Need suggestions. Need to be good for movies and music

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
You could keep the PB12-Ultra/2 as your reference sub and then come up with a different placement option for another? This would allow you to practice in your hobby and make it a little easier to switch out subs.

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
That is not a bad idea. I would probably sell the 2 ultra If I bought another sub though.

Ned

Supporting Actor
Servodrive Contrabass for $3000 without amp. You'd need about 2 SVS PB12-Ultra/2's to match it for output.

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
How would this servodrive compare to a everest or Maestro or b4 as far as output and sq? I know alot of this is probably subjective, but If I were to give one of the three a shot, considering music and accuracy are also important what should I audition.

It sounds like a k2 amp would work well with any of these subs, is this true? This seems to be a pretty flexible amp or is it?

If it matters, whatever sub I get would probably be placed in the rear corner of my 12x17.5 fully enclosed room just behind my couch in the corner. I dont know if some of these subs are super sensitive to placement or not, but this would probably be my only option for placement with these subs. Should I rule any of these out because of this?

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
How would this servodrive compare to a everest or Maestro or b4 as far as output and sq? I know alot of this is probably subjective, but If I were to give one of the three a shot, considering music and accuracy are also important what should I audition.

It sounds like a k2 amp would work well with any of these subs, is this true? This seems to be a pretty flexible amp or is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks