What's new

Need speakers for a small apartment. (1 Viewer)

NickGei

Auditioning
Hi,

I am looking for some bookshelf speakers for my 13'x10' apartment. I won't be playing anything loud, but overall sound quality is very important to me. Also I am on a limited budget and would like to spend as little as possible without sacrificing quality. Ascend Acoustics CBM-170s look perfect to me, but they are a bit more than I wanted to spend and I can't help but think they would be overkill for such a small room with low volume.

If it matters, my reciever will be an Onkyo TX-SR502.

Thanks.

KevinWEL

Stunt Coordinator
I would recommend looing at the entry level speakers from Energy, Axiom Audio, Aperion. I would say there on the same level as Ascend. I'm sure there will be plenty of recommendations thrown out to you.

Edwin_D

Grip
I recently picked up a pair of Harman Kardon HKB 4 speakers from their Ebay site. In the few days I have had them set up, I have been very pleased with their sound. For approximately $55 dollars, I think they are the bargain of the century. They also have a model HKB 6 with a larger mid/bass driver, which can usually be had for just a little more.

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator
If you are not getting a lot of help with your question, revise your post to indicate that you are seriously considering Bose speakers. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks