What's new

Need some quick clarification on Hitachi "Stretch Modes" and Tosh "Resolution" (1 Viewer)

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Most DVD players look good though...
The difference between a standard DVD-player and a good one is that the "look great" will "look incredible". Satisfaction is ok but being impress by the PQ is another thing. Been there done that. My JVC was looking great to me, but you can't compare a 300$ DVD-player PQ with a 1000$ player. With Hitachi, Sony, Toshiba or any other company RPTV, the PQ depends on the source you are feeding to it.:D
On a Hitachi many people find that their current and existing player provides a satisfactory picture quality.
__________________________________________________ _______
Why settle for "satisfaction" when you can have "perfection" (until HD-DVD for sure...)?. It's a shame you are not unlocking the full potential of your Hitachi.:thumbsdown:
Maybe that's where the lost of resolution his, in your player, not in the TV... After an ISF calibration and extensive calibration, and only after, my bet is that the biggest difference in PQ between 2 RPTV will come from THE SOURCE, and not the TV itself. Been there done that.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
First off, I can't believe that a thread that I started in a hardware forum has gone 4 pages!

I'm wondering if my DVD player might be the source of some of the "ghosting" I'm seeing. I'm not sure of the model, but it's an early Prog Scan player from Toshiba. It was an old model when I got it almost 2 years ago, so I suspect it's not exactly top of the line now.

MichaelFusick

Second Unit
It's possible- DVD players do matter.

Watch the DVD on a PC, with a good monitor and that's how I tell or get a reference.

If it's not there...then you can look at the TV, the cables, and the DVD player as the culprit.

You have AVIA?

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
You didn't start this thread, I did!
Or at least, I wanted to..that should count. So I started a thread in the hardware forum 4 pages long!! !!:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks