Need some help with a Harmony 880

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Erick P, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Erick P

Erick P Stunt Coordinator

Well I'm helping out a customer of mine with his Harmony 880. He got a new DVD player so I need to program the remote for it. Circuit City originally set up the remote for him, so they must've used their own Logitech account to do that (either way, he doesn't have a computer or even a cell phone!). Now I would like to download all the remote's settings into my own account and just add his DVD player instead of having to redo everything. Is this possible?

Thanks

2. DougR

DougR Second Unit

I think you may have to create another account for that Remote?

3. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

Logitech says that you must create separate accounts for each remote, and that while it is possible to clone accounts, it requires intervention from customer service.

Perhaps the original seller did create a valid account, but forgot to give the details of username and password.

A Harmony remote without an internet access is just asking for trouble.

4. Erick P

Erick P Stunt Coordinator

Logitech's software is a piece of crap. They could have implemented a feature that copies a remote's configuration onto any computer or account. Now I gotta reconfigure everything. This is the second time I've run into this situation with a customer.

The Circuit City guys could have made him an account or just used their own, I don't know and he probably wouldn't remember. Either way, he doesn't have a computer... or even a cell phone, lol

5. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    O ther than lacking the ability to upload the configuration from the remote into the software, the Logitech software is actually very good. I'd say it's certainly a huge improvement compared to what we had 5 years ago.