need help with running wires...

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by KennethF, Jun 7, 2007.

1. KennethF

KennethF Stunt Coordinator

my den is in a corner of my one level house. house is on a slab. attic access. problem is... the room has a trey ceiling, and the tv wall with front channels is beneath the slope of the roof. obviously the space to drill holes in the attic to drop wires is VERY tight. any idea how i can drop some wires in this space without creating excess holes in the sheetrock?

thanks for the input!

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Other options are behind baseboard or crown molding. There are also some plastic tracks that stick to the baseboards and you run the wires through them. White tracks on white trim at least blends. These are available at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Or you can use a combination of methods. If a track won't go all the way around the room, use it to a good point on a wall where you can run inside the wall and through the attic.

Every house is different so you are the best to determine what will work.

-Robert

3. kisha12

kisha12 Auditioning

' Oh Nice Post ''

4. Bud Huey

Bud Huey Stunt Coordinator

If you have carpeting in the room and you are trying to run speaker wires of reasonable guage a lot of the time you can tuck them under the baseboards with the carpet. Then I would cut a small hole in the sheetrock above the baseboard to fish them into the wall.

Good Luck,
    Bud

5. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne

You could drop the wires out of the attic right at the ceiling / wall juncture, then enter the wall right there. Cut out the little strip of sheetrock between the two holes, staple down the wire to the 2” x 4”, mud and paint.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt