What's new

Need help with MKV files. How to play? (1 Viewer)

RJ831

Agent
Real Name
Ramon
Hi everyone. I have 5.1 surround setup with a Denon receiver. I have some MKV files on a 5TB external hard drive that i'm trying to connect to my TV. What would be the best and cheapest way to do this? What I would prefer is to take my 5TB and connect it to my receiver somehow. Would I need one of those eBay media players for this? Not sure what I should do. Currently, I have the external on my computer and I stream the movies to my PS4 but I live in a rural area and my internet connection is garbage and it doesn't handle streaming well. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Zaw1

Auditioning
Real Name
Stephen
Without knowing your actual internet connection and the capability of setting up a separate, segmented internal network that is not throttled by your actual bandwidth to the outside...

I would suggest purchasing a device that has "DLNA" http://www.dlna.org/

I purchased a rather inexpensive Sony blu-ray player that has both wireless capability and a USB port to play media. When media is on the USB drive, the blu-ray is capable of playing almost any media format you throw at it - including .MKV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks