What's new

Need help with media/living room painting. (1 Viewer)

E-A-G-L-E-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
I have decided to finally repaint my living room/media room.(PJ and tv)
It is off white and even though I get a TON of sunlight(if wanted) it makes me so depressed and it kills my PJ.

So, I'm lloking for advice on painting.
It is a 14.5' x 14' room, that extends into a kitchen that is 14' x 11'.
The far left wall extends from the front of the house to the rear.(from front of living room to rear of kitchen.
The opposite right wall ends short of the 14' length, which then is a hallway.
The ceiling is vaultd and goes from 9'h at the front to ~14'h at peak and then back to 9' at back of house and kitchen.

I was thinking of a chocolatre brown or something along those lines on at least the long left wall that runs the full house as an accent wall(*this is the wall my PJ screen is on)
Tryting to paint all four walls though, maybe a light pale blue shade on the ther walls?
*I definitely do not want four dark walls.
The ceiling above that screen wall goes like this , but at a less severe angle.

Thanks for any and all help!

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
FWIW,

My wife and I were tired of looking at light colored walls and decided to paint our bedroom. Granted it is not used for HT purposes but we painted one wall a very deep red with a lighter brown color on the other three walls. This "toned" down the bright white walls, cut down on reflections and also "warmed up" the room. We were very pleased with the result.

I am planning on painting my HT several shades of blue which could be another option for you to consider.

Just my .02 worth.

Good Luck

P.S. I guess I should have stated that I think the chocolate brown sounds nice and that I would paint the front (screen) wall the darker color and then the other walls a lighter version of the same color or a complimentary color. Oh and if you can get the WAF maybe even a lighter shade of the wall color for the ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks