Need help with audio/video delay

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by mick w, Jul 19, 2003.

1. mick w

mick w Auditioning

I am still experimenting with my new Phillips DVD-A/V receiver. While watching DVD's, there seems to be a split-second delay between the audio & video, making the dialogue appear to be slightly off. Could this be because of my speaker distance settings? I would certainly appreciate any advice, as this is my first home theater system. Thanks.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

In early first-generation DVD players there was a "Lip Sync" problem with some disks.

My advice: turn off all front speaker delay's and watch movies for a few nights. If you still notice a problem, my guess is that something is wrong with your system. Take it back while under the usual 30 day return period.

3. hitendra

hitendra Extra

Some receivers allow you to set the delay. Does your receiver have the capability to let you set the delay times.

This is normally done to ensure that sound from the speakers reaching your ears at the same time. You probably have to check these settings.

A tip - for every 34 cm distance additional distance of one speaker, set a 1 millisecond delay.