What's new

Need help setting up home theater system please (1 Viewer)

Mike611

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I can't for the life of me get all my components working at once with this new theater system I am trying to set up.

Here is what I have:
TV- Samsung UN70KU6300 (has ARC)
Receiver- Denon AVR S710W
Direct TV
Xbox One

I can get the direct tv to work, but once I try to get the Xbox One set up, I mess up everything. If anyone can walk a poor soul through how to set this up with HDMI cables, I'd truly appreciate it.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Hey Mike welcome to the forum :welcome: I'll try to point you in the right direction.

So I'm assuming that everything has an HDMI out on it. What you want to do is take the HDMI output of all your sources and run them into the Denon. Some of the inputs are already labeled for so just match them up. Then take another HDMI cable and use the output HDMI to run to you TV. Now the TV just acts like a monitor and everything is running through the AVR.

What is it about the XBox that messed everything up? Is there something specific that happens?

Mike611

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Tony, I really appreciate you trying to help me out. I finally got it fixed! I did what you said, and was still having issues, and then monkeyed around with the receiver settings. I'm not 100% sure what I triggered, but it works, and I won't question that! Thanks again, I never thought I'd get it working.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Tony, I really appreciate you trying to help me out. I finally got it fixed!

You're very welcome for the help even if it may or may not have been the "magic" that fixed it. In the end it's working and that's what counts the most. Now you can enjoy your gear.:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks