What's new

Need help picking Pre- amp for Pass Labs Amp and Aerial 10T speakers (1 Viewer)

WarrenCo

Agent
I can really use some advice on this. I currently use the Morrison ELAD Pre and it sounds really great with the Pass Labs X350 and Aerial Acoustic 10T's but the system is in my bedroom and I really want a remote control for the volume as well as a sleep timer. A tuner would be nice as well.

So my needs are.

1. Great Sound (not bright)
2. 2 channel (more is ok just not a "need")
3. Remote control for volume
4. Sleep Timer
5. 12 Volt trigger (to trigger amp on and off)
6. Tuner
7. Not too expensive maybe $2,000 or less (used is an option)

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
I don't have experience with the your equipment but I thought I'd throw out a suggestion anyway. Have you considered Classe? I read somewhere a while back that Kelly uses it in his own system. You could email Aerial directly....

www.classeaudio.com

I have the CC3 and love it. I'm considering a used pair of 10T when I have my house finished.

How big is your bedroom? Is the 10T's bass generous? I read that the 8B's deep bass makes it more placement sensitive than a less ambitious speaker.

Have fun!

WarrenCo

Agent
My bedrrom is pretty big. Its an odd shape so its hard to say probably about 20 x 15 in sq ft. The bass on the 10T's is great, just be careful not to put them to close the a wall or corner. I didn't care for the sound of the 8b myself, but I love the 10T's. You might say I am a little obsessed with them. I have 3 pairs. So I would definately reccommend them :). Good luck with your system.

I am considering a used IR RDC 7 Pre now. I already have one in another sy stem and really like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks