What's new

Need Help Linking SA-XR57 with Older SA-XR55 (1 Viewer)

Tim-S

Auditioning
Greetings, all.

For the last 2(?) years, I have used a Panasonic SA-XR50 to power both my HT, and my whole-house audio (using Speaker B). Lately, I have noticed that as I add speakers in additional rooms, my little Panny struggles to keep up with the power demand. Fearing I might push it too far, I recently bought an SA-XR57, planning to demote my XR50 to purely whole-house duties, while using the XR57 for HT.

The one caveat is that I would like the option of funneling my HT audio (XR57) through my whole-house receiver (XR57), or conversely, sending the whole-house signal (XR50) through my HT system (XR57) (I do not have whole-house speakers in the living room/dining room combo).

The SA-XR50 has a Tape Out, so I believe I can send the whole-house audio through the HT system, BUT THE XR57 DOES NOT HAVE A TAPE OUT (is it extinct?). Does anyone have any recommendations for directing the XR57 signal to the XR50 in the absence of a Tape Out?

Mucho gracias for any suggestions!

Tim S.

DrSteve

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Hi Tim,

Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I do have a q in my neverending search for a new amp/receiver. I'm sure the Pana XR's do a great job for movies, but how are they for music? (Assuming you have decent sized speakers and not little cube type things) Some people say they are great for DVD audio, but what about from other non-digital sources like an iPod or tape deck?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks