What's new

Need Help in Seattle/Tacoma Area (1 Viewer)

MarcEstrada

Agent
I have recently purchased a Samsung HLN5065W DLP Monitor. I am upgrading from a 36" Sony Wega. We are going to be getting Comcast HDTV service shortly after the TV arrives.

With my old TV, I used Video Essentials and the AVIA DVDs to calibrate the color settings. To be honest, I am not sure I calibrated them correctly or not, but the picture always looked good to me so I left it alone for the most part.

With making a jump to HDTV with a better quality TV, I would like to get the adjustments as perfect as possible this time. I am not sure if I am doing all of the adjustments correctly or not. Can anyone direct me to someone in the Tacoma area that offers services to do these calibrations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
If you follow the directions there on Avia (not familiar with VE, assume it's just as clear) you should be able to get a very good picture out of that TV. Once it "settles in" a little bit, you may then want to get an ISFer to calibrate, if you're willing to spend the money. I believe there are some local dealers(seattle) that are ISF certified, and some local ISFers. I don't know how good they are though. You can find the info via the ISF site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks