Need Help Finding a Television

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Matthew Chmiel, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

For the past decade, I've had a "decent" 19" Phillips tube television sitting on my desk in my room. It's been acceptable sitting on the desk, especially since I had a 12" iBook sitting right next to it for the past three years.

The other day I purchased a 20" iMac and I have no room for the 19" tube as it's simply too too big. There's really no room between the set and the computer. However, I still want a television in my room for when I'm laying in my bed. I just want something that happens to be "thinner." In this case, I would want to purchase an LCD set.

I'm looking for something that's 19-20" 4:3 and happens to have a DVI input included (so I can connect my computer to it when needed -- Apple's S-Video connection is pure crap). However, from all my searches so far, the only LCD TVs that have DVI are that of 16:9 screens.

Is there any brand/models you guys would suggest in following my purchase of an LCD TV? Money isn't that big of an issue, I just don't want to spend more than $500.