What's new

Need Help Finding 80's Album (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Can anyone recommend (or tell me how to search for) a compilation CD that contains all or most of these tracks:

1) Come On Eileen (Dexy's Midnight Runners)
2) Head Over Heels (Tears for Fears)
3) Heart of the Moment (Asia)
4) Something About You (Level 42)
5) Radio Ga Ga (Queen)
6) Solid (Ashford & Simpson)

Thanks!

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Was there a specific CD you had in mind or are you just looking for those songs?

You could always check to see if Amazon.com has those tracks for download purchase, and then burn your own CD. Their mp3s are generally high quality.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Thanks Joe. I'm actually looking for a CD that collects those songs and others like it, something like a best-of the 80's, one collection so I don't have to track down and/or buy multiple CDs. I'm not really into burning downloads (yet) - I'm one of those dinosaurs who still buys albums.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Yeah, thanks Christopher - I will look into the "Sedated" series. So I should look under New Wave for this type of music in the store I assume, not "Pop" like I've been doing for years.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Don't even bother looking in stores, you'll need to use ebay, half.com or Amazon resellers to get Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Hits of the 80s, or the Sedated in the 80s series, or the Living In Oblivion series.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Some other options:
Pure 80's Hits

Sounds of the Eighties (I think it was Time-Life)

Totally 80's

Then Totally 80's

20th Century Masters: The Eighties

I find that public libraries generally carry LOTS of these titles, as do used CD stores.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Thanks guys for your suggestions. I actually don't expect to find this type of music in any store although there's a pretty good independent shop near where I work that has a good selection. Gotta tell ya, some of these tunes were pretty popular back in the day and plenty of them still get airplay on the radio so you would think they wouldn't be so hard to find. I did find a CD called World of Dance that contained two of the tracks I wanted on Amazon so I'm happy.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
My impression is that it is a licensing nightmare to take on a comprehensive hits collection. When Rhino did the Just Can't Get Enough series for example, they had the rights to those songs for only X number of years -- just long enough to get them out. In fact by the time the last volumes were being released, the licensing rights for the songs on the earlier volumes had already expired, so they couldn't make more of the earlier volumes -- they couldn't ever make a "complete box set". Most stores probably never had all 15 volumes at the same time. There was just a brief window for each volume.

What you tend to find are many 1 or 2 disc hits collections that present the same old songs -- songs which the artists license very often, and very casually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks