What's new

Need Help Choosing Reciever? (1 Viewer)

DavidV

Grip
I an Finally going to upgrade my Denon 3600. This reciever has been flawless, the only drawback is it only has prologic and AC-3. I need the newer formats. I am looking at The DENON 3803, The Marantz 7300 and The Yamaha ZX-V3300. I have auditioned them and the all sound pretty simular. I have Paradigm Monitor 11's and the matching center channel. I also have Paradigm in walls for the rears and a SVS 20-39 PC sub. I could use any advice. I'm looking to around $1300- $1400. If there are any other brands out there. Also could I buy a Rotel 1066 and use the old denon for the amplifiers. Will this work? The denon is like 90 watts X 5.

RobCar

Stunt Coordinator
"I have auditioned them and the all sound pretty simular."

This might be the first time I've EVER heard that on these boards! The speakers make a much bigger difference in the sound, IMO, but you wouldn't know if from reading this forum, where people spend days arguing about which comprably priced receiver has a better soundstage, more detail, etc.

The truth is, the three receivers you mentioned are all outstanding units. I'd love to have any one of them. Which did you feel most comfortable operating, setting up, using? Which can you get the best deal on?

If you liked how your old Denon matched up w/ your speakers, you probably can't go wrong by sticking w/ Denon. But you also can't go wrong with any of these.

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Do they all sound similar with movies and stereo play? That would definitely be surprising. If I tried 3 that all sounded similar for movies I'd pick the one that sounded best in stereo...unless you're not a big music listener anyway. If they all sounded similar for both I'd pick the one with the most upgradability built in. If all those are equal I'd pick the least expensive or the one that looked the nicest.

DavidV

Grip
What I meant by all sound the simular is that that they were all acceptable in sound quality. All recievers sound a bit different depending on speakers used and what modes are being used. Its also listner preference. What I am looking for to help make my decision is what reciever is best on paper. Does one reciever have a better decoding, or do any of these have hidden problems like hisses, audio drop outs, ETC. things like this. Any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks