What's new

Need an Exchange Server 2003 Admin's Help Bad!! (1 Viewer)

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
Trying to replicate public store, and having trouble with backfill. Anyone got any ideas.. exhausted all resources..

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ok, so you've got one operable .. and you are setting up another Exchange server which you want to replicate to, correct?

Now, is the Exchange2k3 Server running in SBS, Standard or Enterprise Editions? And, is it running on the GC or just a DC within your network?

I need a lot more detail then what you've provided.

(corrected, title says it's E2k3)

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
We did a swing from a 2K exchange server to a 2k3 temp server. Problem is we moved the mailboxes over so we are past the point of return. Now we replicated the public folder store from 2k to 2k3 temp, but now that the new final 2k3 server is up, and we are trying to replicate the updated 2k3 public folder stores to it, we are stuck. It seems that backfill is the problem, and not allowing things to sync, but we can't find a way to force it. Let me know what else you need to know.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ok, so you set up a temporary E2k3 Server, and you migrated your data from E2k to it. You then setup a "final" (seperate) E2k3 Server, you want to migrate the data from one E2k3 to another.

Are they in the same forest, I assume? Ie, part of the same domain with both as DCs and you have a seperate GC, correct (let's hope so)

And, this is important: they are both using DIFFERENT activation keys OR it is an enterprise edition?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ok, that's good because other wise you might run into a big hitch. Are they both the same product key?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ok, let's not clutter HTF :) Export your Event Viewer Application Log (I don't need system, etc.) and send to me off HTF, and we should be able to trace this down.

Backfill is not an issue, there are ways to get around that.. if you get that as a replication issue, 90% of the time it's either ID or product ID related (which is a big snafu in SBS)

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
Sending email to your KCtechheads addy. Hope you respond. It's been one long ass weekend. Almost forgetting what sleep is like :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
*laugh* I know how that goes.. we spent the weekend staying busy too.. one of our larger clients just migrated everything over, and put in AMD64 boxes...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks