What's new

Need advise on putting together a HT speakers system (1 Viewer)

sumasage

Auditioning
Real Name
Linh Nguyen
Hi all, I'm trying to put together a new sound system for my room (13' x 14'). This will be my very first system so i am very new at audio equipment. My budget is ~$1000, yes i know it is very low for a sound system :( I'm thinking of a 5.1 system but for the budget i dont think i can build a complete decent 5.1 system for that price. The system is something that i want to build for long term use. So my thought are buy a center, two floor standing, and a sub now and add surround latter. I came across this system (http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/new/649747.html) from Pioneer and it fit my budget but not sure if it is any good. Maybe someone used these can let me know. Researching for the past week i couldnt come up with much that will fit my budget except for the set above so i'm asking for some helps. I dont mind mix and match brands. Feel free to offer alternative setup and ideas :) Thanks for any suggestions.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
"Decent" has different meanings for different people. But since you are wanting this for a long term investment (speakers can last 20+ years) then I suggest you go with a better 3.1 system first and add surrounds when you can. In my opinion, Pioneer makes great receivers but below average speakers. I wouldn't use one of their subs if it were free. If you can stretch your budget, SVS has some great speakers but you won't be able to add one of their subs and stay under $1,000. Axiom, Fluance, Paradigm and few others have some great speakers as well. I would still get the sub from a company that specializes in them.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
SVS, Elemental Designs, Epik Subwoofers, Rythmik Audio and Hsu Research are the most popular. All but Epik and Rythmik have speakers now but all started in the home theater market as sub manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks