What's new

Need Advice On Which of 6 Blu-Ray Players Is Best For Me (1 Viewer)

Mark Abrams

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have a Samsung 1080i HL-R5667W DLP television and am operating just a Panasonic regular DVD player with HDMI upconversion technology. Am planning on finally acquiring a Blu-Ray player but am going to need to use some reward points rather than cash to get it - as such, I only have 6 models to choose from in the catalog:

Sharp Acquos BDHP-22U
JVC XV-BP1
Samsung BDP1600
Sony BDPS360
Sony BDPS350V
Panasonic DMPBD30K

My receiver is an older Sony one (STR-DE915) with no HDMI inputs; I currently have my DVD player directly connected to the TV via HDMI. I use an optical digital cable for sound (I wonder if any of these players has an optical digital output jack?).

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
try the panasonic 80. it has the analog connections.

Jacob

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Don't worry about an optical port though, these models will all have one. Can't speak for the JVC as I haven't used that one much, but of the others, the Sony 360 and Samsung 1600 are your best bets. Sharp's players are, in my opinion, the least reliable on the market. The Panasonic 30 was nice when it arrived but is now outclassed by newer models.

The Sony and Samsung are solid players. The Sony may operate slightly faster, but the Samsung supports Netflix streaming, if you have an account. These are both newer players and will serve you well.

Just my two cents.

Patrick

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Do you mean the Pan. BD60? The BD30 is an old player. They all have digital optical. I'd get the BD60 over any of those listed.

Mark Abrams

Stunt Coordinator
The only one the catalog offers from Panasonic is the BD30... so I assume it's better to go with the Sony rather than the Samsung 1600 - would Sony be quieter while operating?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks