Need advice on this prospective home theater combination...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by zak, Apr 21, 2005.

1. zak

zak Extra

I'm planning or should I say fantasizing about building a home theater room in our unfinished basement.

I don't have the layout planned but I know that I have approximately 23 feet in length and 19 feet in width to work with.

I have been looking at components with a planned budget of $5,000 CDN.

Here's my plan so far, I would appreciate your feedback and any suggestions.

- Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX A/V receiver (I currently own a Yamaha RX-V870)

- Pioneer Elite DV59-AVi DVD player (I currently own a Toshiba SD-3107)

- Klipsch RF-5 or RF-7 System speakers (I currently own an all Nuance system)

- I will be using my Sony KV35XBR-48 television for now (I love it)

I dont want to get into separates so I'm hoping that the Elite receiver is adequate.

Thanks,
    Zak

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Zak, please read the red-letter post atop the thread-listing page in the Basics area -- specifically, the very last sentence. You are not to ask this sort of question in the Basics area; it's intended for general discussion at the beginner level.

Since you're asking for input on the proposed system you have lined up, your post has been moved to the A/V Sources section, which is where we put questions about entire systems.

3. zak

zak Extra

Thanks Jack!

I do feel like I'm at the beginner level but I understand that I was asking for specific model recommendations.

Zak

4. zak

zak Extra

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking about going with the Axiom Epic 60 home theatre system, the Klipsch are probably out of my price range.

Zak[​IMG]

5. John S

John S Producer

You already use/own some pretty good stuff.
    Why are you replacing it all????

I don't think I understand. Seems to me, you really only need speakers and a great sub woofer.