What's new

Need advice on speakers and amp for $5000 (1 Viewer)

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Hi,

A friend of mine is looking for advise on speakers and amp for a budget of $5000, but the problem is that he lives in England, so all the brands that I was going to recommend dont even know if they have buisness around there, so maybe some of you can help me with suggestion for him.

His room is 18x18, and he is looking for a 5.1 setup mainly, but could be a 6.1 or 7.1. He also only needs an amp, not prepro needed. He has 60/40 (movies/music) preference.

Thanks for any recommendations you can give me,
Pablo

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Thanks John for the advice, I will tell him to start looking for this speakers. I know you are a mordaunt owner, do you recommend one in particular?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For MS, the 900 series is my choice. If he doesn't mind towers, the 908 (with built in subs) or the 906 should do. If bookshelf is preferred, 902 or 912. There is only one center in the 900 series. I am not familiar with their subs.

For B&W, the CDM and 700 series may push that budget a bit if he is looking for a really nice amp. Not sure if they are any less expensive in the UK, but in USD it would be close. I would easily recommend the CDMs over the 600 series though.

Too funny, I found a link to the Indigos...on a site called "American Sound" LOL :D

http://www.americansound.com/Indigo.htm

and a rather slathering review of them as well:

link

RichardHOS

Second Unit
There are too many various models of speakers and amplifiers out there to even begin narrowing it down much, but I will make one suggestion:

Split that $5000 budget something like $3500/$1500 speakers/amp... less than $1500 if he can find a good (even used) 5/6/7-channel amplifier for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks