What's new

Need advice on receiver/processor (1 Viewer)

Geoff H

Stunt Coordinator
I need to upgrade my Yamaha RXV1300 to something with HDMI, I was looking at the 1800 -- I'm running the receiver through a Rotel RMB 1075 though, so I don't necessarily need a receiver.

Any recommendations/advice around the $1k range would be appreciated.

TIA,

Geoff

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I am in the market for a receiver in the same price range. I am currently considering the Marantz SR-7002, Denon 3808CI and the Onkyo TX-SR805. All can be purchased for about $1100-$1200 online. I have restricted my search mainly to these 3 brands, as they all have the built-in Audyssey setup.

So far, I am leaning towards the Denon, due to its features, specs, and the supposedly better implementation of the Audyssey feature. Also, the Onkyo reportedly runs very hot, and the Marantz doesn't seem to have as much power as the other two.

I still have a few reservations. The Denon is not THX Ultra2 certified, while the Onkyo is, and the Marantz is THX-Select2 certified. I am not sure how much difference this really makes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks