What's new

Need advice on Kenwood 6070 or a new reciever for that matter (1 Viewer)

Adam Ray

Auditioning
o.k. My current reciever is a 3 1/2 year old sony that only has Prologic 1 /// dd 5.1..... VERY cheap.

I have been saving up here recently for a new reiever to go along with my toshiba sd4800 and Mitsu 55511. I usually use my reciver for 90% DVD, HT, DVD A.... and about 10% for music cds.... anyway I saw this reciever at my local Best Buy for 329 bucks. Is that considered a steal for a THX certified reciever? Should I really jump on this... If this reciever is comparable HT wise to 1000 dollar recievers like I have heard some say. I guess I am just skeptical because I dont want to be disappointed in 2 months and telling myself I should have just plunked down the money for the new Onkyo...

I am not saying that it has to be better than the new Onkyo... its just for that price I want to know if I am getting something comparably close while saving 700 bucks.... Anyway ANY HELP would be appriciated as this is a Closeout Item

Sometimes the closer I feel like I am set on something... Five other choices some prancing around and I am back to square one. haha

ChadLB

Screenwriter
YOu might get more answers if you post what you want to get out of the receiver. DD,DTS,5.1 or 6.1,,,etc..

Adam Ray

Auditioning
Well the right now I am only running a 5.1 setup. This reciever offers 6.1 so I would be set for future setup. The reciver offers DD DTS and THX. All those are great but really means nothing if the sound isnt clear and the reciever is cheaply built. I appriciate quailty and I guess I just dont want to be disappointed.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
You can go to crutchfield.com to do a comparision on receivers in the same price range. This will show you what each reciever has to offer.

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I just bought the Kenwood 6070 about a month ago and I love it! For the price I don't think you will find a better receiver! It also comes with one of the best remotes that I've seen and it's RF! I upgraded from a 3 year old Kenwood Dolby Digital 5.1 receiver(it didn't have DTS!) and I'm completely happy with my purchase! If you are looking for a GREAT receiver for an AMAZING price look no further then the Kenwood 6070!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks