What's new

Need advice connecting TV to Internet and OTA signal (1 Viewer)

fishcrazy

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
My inlaws who are not very computer savy only have access to OTA TV signal.... UNTIL NOW! They have luckily fell upon a bit of luck and suddenly have accdess to the internet via a new fiber optic service being installed in their area. This new service is only offering telephone and internet service at the moment and at some time in the future they will offer TV service. But why wati? Right? I know that there are sorces available to them over the web that enable access to various programing. They are not very computer savy however. I would like any advice regarding the use of some equipment that will enable them to do TV and Internet as simple as possible. They do have OTA TV now via antennae and that is it. Is there possibility to combine the OTA with the Internet for a simple to use situation to access programing and surf the web also. Any suggestions of equipment would be appreciated. I want to tell you that their current HD TV has an OTA tuner but is not a smart TV. Thanks Jim

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Their best bet would be something like HuluPlus/NetFlix - since live TV via OTA would be a good source for current broadcast material.

fishcrazy

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
I guess what I should have let you know is their OTA reception is not that great. Im wondering what their best option is for recieving their OTA content over the web if that is possible to improve their experience. I would like to find them something that is like a remote control experience with a smart TV. I know I could hook them up with a HTPC but I feel that would be tooo complex for them. I need it simplified somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks