What's new

Need a new center channel (1 Viewer)

David+H

Grip
I have 5.1 setup of the Def Tech 3000 series that hasn't been really used for the last couple years because of lack of a way to set it up in my current house. I finally got things where I could set up the BP3000 towers and the Supercube sub. However I dont have anywhere to put the monster CLR 3000 center. Its just too big and heavy. I need a replacement that can be either wall mounted just above my TV or set on top of the narrow mantle under the TV(less likely due to the fact that my wife has taken over that space for pictures of the kids. This setup is obviously not in a dedicated HT but in our living room. I am just biding my time until we can build a house in a couple more years to have my true HT setup back. Anyway I was considering a DefTech Mythos 10. Any suggestions for or against the Mythos, or better options out there?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This is not what you asked for, but to solve the problem of a too-large center channel, I wall hung the TV, to fit the center under it, and on top of the living room furniture.

David+H

Grip
Not an option in my case. TV is already mounted on an articulating Chief Mount and the mantle is only 4 inches deep. The CLR 3000 is 16 inches deep and very heavy.

David+H

Grip
Don't think so, not sure if you are familiar with the CLR 3000 but it is huge and probably weighs at least 30 lbs.

David+H

Grip
That was what I wa planning on and the intent of this thread to find a good alternative. Leaning towards the mythos 10.

David+H

Grip
So I guess I am back to my original question, would a speaker like the Def Tech Mythos Ten or the Paradigm Cinema 400 or Millenia 30? I will keep the big Def Tech BP 3000 Super towers as my left and rights even though they are overkill for the room I have. I am leaning towards the Mythos with the thought being that it may match up better with the Supertowers and in a couple years when I build a house I will go with the 3000 setup in my primary HT room and could spend less and add on to the Mythos CLR for another room such as our living room.

David+H

Grip
SO now I am looking between the Mythos Ten and the XTR-50. I think I like the Ten better but with the super thinness of the XTR-50 it may be easier to build a secondary system off of it in the future. I do not have a dealer anywhere near me so i pretty much have to buy blind (or should I say deaf?). Anyone heard both of these and have an opinion on sound differences between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks