What's new

Need a new amp for HT. (1 Viewer)

alomb1971

Grip
Real Name
Anthony
Hi All. My ATI 1505 just went out on me. I had it for about 8.5 years. I currently own a outlaw 970, NHT 2.5i mains, Matching Center and NHT Rears. My sub is a SVS PB12Plus 2. Now, I think I have narrowed it down between two amps: the Outlaw 7500, which is 200 x5 and the Parasound 5250, which is 250x5. This is for 60% music and 40% HT. I liked the ATI, but I could have used a little more power for my room. So with that said,I have a couple of questions.

Will I be able to tell a noticible difference(volume wise) between my old ATI 150wx5 and the Outlaw 200wx5 or will it take more power to notice a difference.

Is the Parasound worth the jump over the outlaw or will the differnce only be marginal.

Any other recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

alomb1971

Grip
Real Name
Anthony
Thanks. I got a price from an authorized dealer on the Parasound for $1985. I am going to call ATI on Monday and see their thoughts on the matter . I think the amp took a spike, since we lost power a couple times during the night. It am kicking myself, because I was just thinking the other day about putting a surge unit on my service coming in to the house :frowning: Oh well,Does anyone know if this would be covered through a home owners policy?

Brent_S

Second Unit
You have to double the power just to get 3dB more output...in other words, going from 150wpc to 300wpc would barely be noticeable. IMO, if you were happy with the ATI, I would look at repair as the first option.

Homeowner's policies generally cover lightning damage, pending any disclaimers, not sure about simple surge/spike/brownout damage. Even then, it would subject to your deductible.

-Brent

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.d-sonic.net/. I just ordered the Magnum 1000S and its a beast. Big things come in small packages and this thing sounds amazing. Dennis is an awesome guy to work with, and he can also make you any custom configuration you desire. The monoblocks are the same used in the rotels, B&K, along with some other brands. MY first time running ICEpower and Im very content with it. D-sonic offers a 21-30 return policy as well, so if youre not happy return it. Mines a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks