What's new

Need a little help (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

It may be true that I misinterpreted what you said...however, a significant number of individuals on this Forum are going to be purchasing their receivers, subwoofers, DVD players, speaker wire, interconnects, TVs, and other products related to HT/AV based on magazine reviews and internet reviews...my reading comprehension skills are as good as they need to be...Minimalists and Purists like you are all about the feel of the remote control rather than absolute sound quality, not about objective testing of receivers and subwoofers...I will continue to try to protect innocent newbies from purchasing unreliable HK receivers that you have described as "sweet sounding"...exactly how much reading comprehension do innocent newbies need to understand what you mean by "sweet sounding"?...all in good fun of course.

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John

Wow! Just wow, the spin is strong with this one.

Yes, individuals will form their opinions on products based on reviews. It is also true that most will go out and audition the products to either confirm their opinion of finalize a choice narrowed down to a few final candidates.

I also did say how a remote feels in your hands is an intangible you can not test for. Never said it was the most important factor. I have always said that sound quality to my ears and availability of features that you need are more important. My posts speak for themselves.

Again, I never recommended an HK. Merely that I felt they sounded good and should not be discounted out of hand.

pteknique

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
Thanks guys! Didn't mean to start a war though. LOL So, pretty much I'd be ok with either the Pioneer or the Onkyo then? And Andrew I did buy a new component cable and it made the picture a lot better. And as far for the sub........... The unpowered Sony I have now does a great job I think. I will just need something that is powered once I get the new receiver. I have looked on Ebay and there's just so much out there to choose from. What kind of money are we talking for the subs you guys were talking about? That will determine what I buy. LOL. Thanks again guys for helping me.

Keith Bates

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi JB

Now that you have declared that even YOU can't tell the difference in sound quality under the gold standard of double blind testing...how is it that now YOU are reverting back to saying that it is not about how the remote feels in your hand...but it is about sound quality...and by doing so, you are again promoting HK receivers by saying they are "sweet sounding"...and with your expertise in the English language what exactly is "sweet sounding"?... and furthermore how is it that you have completely ignored my statements about internet reviews and internet shopping?...all in good fun of course...I will continue to try to prevent Minimalists and Purists like you from interfering in the purchase of the most reliable, easiest to use, and fullest featured receivers that they can find...especially those that are doing a lot of shopping via the internet. With all due respect...since you can't really explain yourself, maybe you want to "Godwin" this thread too.

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
For crying out loud, way to spin something your way.

Your labeling is getting tiresome and ridiculous.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi JB

Since you have referred to yourself as a Minimalist and Purist...I will continue to refer to you as such...how is it that with all of your expertise with the English language you simply can't begin to explain what "sweet sounding" is...I have every intention of trying to protect innocent newbies from Minimalists and Purists who are mincing words around the gold standard of double blind testing. All in good fun of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks