What's new

Need a cheaper alternative to Photoshop for creating web page button icons, etc. (1 Viewer)

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know of a good software package to use for creating icons to use on web page buttons and things like that? Most of the web designers in my office use Photoshop, but I don't need anything nearly that featured-packed (or expensive). I don't need to modify photographic images or anything like that. I just need to create simple graphics and save them in .gif or .jpg format.

In other words, I need something similar to MS Paint, but with support for more file types. Any suggestions?

AjayM

Screenwriter
I've used both Photoshop and Paintshop and for the casual use that I do I hardly notice any difference in "real-world" use. Photoshop is an incredible program, but unless you want to dedicate serious amounts of time to learn it all it's a little wasted I think.

Andrew

Andre F

Screenwriter
I would also vote for Paint Shop Pro. It's a good program but a little confusing at first. I hear Photoshop Elements is also very good.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the replies. I saw both Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop Elements at Best Buy today and thought both of them looked pretty good for what I want to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks