What's new

NEC 9 PG + CRT projector for sale (1 Viewer)

gpaul

Auditioning
Real Name
Garth
I really don't know much about this. I bought and then later figured out I didn't have room for it. The guy said the tubes had 10000 hours left on them and he included a ceiling mount and a logitech remote that is very nice. I will say 1500 + shipping because I saw another guy asking 1900 for it on this site. I saw it working at the guy I bought it from and he had it with a 10 foot screen and it looked great.

Let me know if the price is not good, cause I really don't know much about this.

email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks.

Dan Seewald

Stunt Coordinator
I wish you luck, cause I have a Runco 980 Ultra which is the same as your NEC. It has only 20 hours on brand new tubes which are NOS (not VDC rebuilts). Colored filtered lenses. It belonged to Ken Whitcomb, an ISF technician. He sold it to me 3 years ago after he put the 20 hours on the tubes. I paid $3000 for it. I can't sell it for $500. I never put any hours on the unit myself, just had it hung by Ken, then waited until I had the money to have him calibrate it last August. But he advised me to get a digital instead of using this Runco. He said some digitals are coming so close to CRT performance as far as black levels are concerned. So I bought a JVC RS2. This projector sets on the floor of my dedicated home theater room just taking up space.

Dan

willyTass

Supporting Actor
three years ago there would have been a stampede for these things, at five times the price !

gpaul

Auditioning
Real Name
Garth
Wow, looks like I'm gonna have a hard time selling it, if I ever do. And it takes up a lot of space...

DaveNel

Second Unit
Its not impossible to sell it: Its getting the right Audience at the right time. ALso Pictures will help plus actual screenshots: Dont use stock photos on projectors. Take actual pictures of the projector inside and out plus some actual screenshots plus when taking pics of the projector put your name on a piece of paper that will help your sales out..

Yeah those CRT projectors are heavy and big.. Shipping most of the time you have to have it freighted.. That turns into $$$

416ray4538

Auditioning
Real Name
Ray King
I'm thinking of buying a crt projector. I don't much care if it's heavy or big; I don't plan on moving it often.
I want to see one running before I buy, DUHHH.
I live north east of Toronto and work in Toronto .
Anyone with some thoughts or ideas??
Wanna find a good home for yours?
Thanks

thuan98

Auditioning
Real Name
Thuan Nguyen
Ray King,
If you still in market for NEC 9PG+, please contact me at [email protected]

I don't mean to hijack gpaul post - but seem like his was sold? don't see his response to your question

Best regards

Thuan

416ray4538

Auditioning
Real Name
Ray King
I found an Ampro 4600 locally so the lack of shipping costs was too good to pass up. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks