What's new

NCAA Football 2005 Season (1 Viewer)

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I'm more of a UCLA guy than an SC one (didn't attend either, but I respect UCLA's academics more), but I'm really hoping they pull of 3 in a row. Leinart and Bush are class guys and Carroll is a phenomenal coach. As long as the PAC-10 wins the title, I'm good. I'm sick of hearing how the SEC, the Big Whatever, the Atlantic Coast Whoseit, etc. are better. The PAC-10 has consistently represented themselves well in bowl games for years, and has repeatedly been unfairly maligned.

Oklahoma lost to the Horned Frogs??? :D

Stoops is dead meat.

Beautiful.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Big win tonight for Clemson over Texas A&M. I thought for sure Dean would miss that last field goal after already making all 5. Just hope the momentum keeps rolling now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My Yellow Jackets go to Auburn and beat them in their own backyard 23-14. I was cautiously optimistic (due to GT's returning players vs. Auburn having to rebuild after losing a lot of seniors from last season's undefeated team).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Michigan's offense looked awesome against Northern Illinois yesterday. Chad Henne looked better than last season, Michael Hart was running strong, and the receivers were catching everything. Freshman RB Kevin Grady also looks like the real deal.

The bad news is their defense looks just as bad as last season. They put very little pressure on the QB, and were slow to fill holes and makes tackles in the running game.

I see that Notre Dame scored 42 points against Pitt. If Michigan plays like they did yesterday, the Michigan Notre Dame game next Saturday will be a 54-51 final score.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
They lost their QB, 3 main lead receivers and 14 other players to the NFL. Most(90%) were starters.

Still not an excuse to lose but they are indeed young. A large portion of their roster is either freshman or sophomores. I suspected they would struggle some this season given their 0-Line/D-Line and Wr's. I didn't expect them to lose though.

Boise State surprised me alot. I thought they were good? I guess it is what happens when you play out of conference and someone name like Georgia.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
In-fucking-sane. I was rooting for FSU, but how the fuck did Miami miss THREE FG tries? Geez.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, very insane. I was rooting for FSU too. Glad to see they broke the streak, but they have some serious quarterback issues to work out. Lee looked good on that first play, but all down hill from there. I only watched the second half, but it was pretty fucking crazy.

Ah, thank God college football season is here.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That was some brilliant playcalling in the 3rd quarter by FSU after recovering a blocked punt inside Miami's five yard line. Two fullback dives, followed by a halfback plunge netted negative yardage. :rolleyes:To top it off, the 'Noles missed the chipshot field goal.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
With one of the best passing performances of his career and 95 yds rushing, Brad Smith is back!! Mizzou racked up almost 700 yds of offense.

Take that Arkansas St.! Bring on New Mexico! After that, The George Kaplan Film School for the Deaf, Blind and Narcoleptic. :D

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Actually our 3rd game is against Troy. I can't make fun of them since they beat us last year live on ESPN. :frowning:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
We don't have a football team, only Rugby. And just to be clear, the only reason we limit ourselves to deaf, blind and narcoleptic students is that we made the mistake of letting a visting professor, Dr. Kennon chose the canon, and the films were so bad, that all of our seeing, hearing and awake students transfered to USC. :)

Traci_R

Auditioning
About this thread... I just read quickly, skimmed a lot of it....

IMO, what a lot of people don't realize about Texas this year (and the end of last year) ----

Texas is a TEAM ---- FINALLY... a real "TEAM".

Like OU was for the past few seasons.... a "TEAM" wins ball games.

We will see how good the Texas TEAM is in a few days!!!!
Either way, Very pumped up to watch the game.

If you don't know what I'm talking about or think I'm crazy :)
In the middle of last season, for two games Texas did not have a quaterback. Yes, the Texas Longhorns did not have a QB. I don't remember the stats, but it was horrible.
Then... somehow, someway.... Vince got it in his head... HE is the QB who will lead Texas to victory.
Very similar to what "The Major" brought to the TEAM.

PS. I've been very critical of Vince, yes he gots talent, but needed to "grow" to be able to use it correctly.
I think hes got it now. NOT SURE what changed, but something did... late last year.

Also, why do I keep mentioning "TEAM".... recall second half of the year... Did you ever hear a coach or player in a public statement say "I" or "ME".... most of what I heard --- EVEN in the award speeches from Derrick and Benson... was "The Team"

Very different from when SHITTY ASS SIMMS played or Ricky or a few others.

I don't watch USC (their conference) so I can't comment on their team... BUT I see the stats.... Yep... they are good :)

anyway... if the hype is as good as the game.... The Super Bowl will not be as good as Texas vs Ohio this weekend!!

Go Horn!!!

PS. I heard coach stoops say in a press conference:
"..... I did not take XYZ player {who was supposed to be an ALL American, awesome player, etc. etc} because I felt they did not fit our team...."

Now you know why OU had so many wins in the past few seasons. This year they are rebuilding. I

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Traci,
You don't have to sell me on Texas, they're my second favorite college football team this week. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks