What's new

NCAA 2005 March Madness Pick'em League/Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Yeah, NC ST got by on the 3 point shot, and a couple of
big shots at the end. It would have been hard to take to
see them blow a double digit lead late in the game 2
years in a row in the tournament. GO WOLFPACK!!!

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I had NC State losing to Kansas. With Kansas out, it's possible we could see a UNC/NC State game.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I was happy to see Kansas lose, if only to show that the RPI (which Kansas has lead despite losing game after game after game) isn't the be-all end-all some analysts make it out to be. There's no way in the world the #1 team in the RPI should lose to a 14 seed.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I had to listen to Raftery during the Villanova/ Florida
game. HORRIBLE!!! He is a mixture of Dick Vitale, Bill
Walton, and Greg Gumble when he did the #1 NFL games on
CBS- a guy who gets way too excited, who waxes poetic,
and is a total clown. He is the poster board for the
mute button. :angry:

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Who do I dislike more currently Packer or Vitale...?
Packer (Wake guy) Anti-Duke and UNC to the degree that Dickie V is Pro-Duke and UNC. Tie
Packer good analysis sometimes annoying, but he sees imaginary fouls and calls. Consistently second guesses my teams.
Dickie V once great has become all fluff... I cannot get enthused when he insults my intelligence and "whores" himself to each team that did something positive.
Dickie V gets the edge, but give me Digger Phelps anyday.
What an interesting tourney?
Duke might go out soon. UNC will coast to the Final Four. NC State will never beat UNC.
Next round all Cinderella's say "Bye."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The thing about Louisville is that they live and die by the 3-pointer, but they have 3 legitimate long-range shooters, and the odds of all 3 of them not showing up performance-wise may get them into the final four, and if they were to win it all, I could look upon GT's drubbing in a little bit better light.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I am sorry Patrick, but I cannot imagine a world where Louisville beats UNC and Illinois ;).

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

A lot of analysts have said the RPI doesn't mean as much this year. They changed the formula of the RPI after schools had made their schedules for this season. An away loss actually gives more points to a team than a home win. Since most of the major schools schedule more home games in their preseason with schools in mid-major conference, the teams in mid-major conferences were getting higher RPI ratings. I am not sure why Kansas was rated so high in the RPI.

As far as analyst, there aren't very many that have anything favorable to say about the Big Ten. Steve Laven is one of the few with any connections to the Big Ten.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Announcers- any professional announcer that takes
sides calling any sport is not doing a proper job.
They should bring their knowledge of the sport to
the job, report or even (gasp) criticize poor players
or coaches performances, and let the fans root.
Dickie V is a big ass munch for the big name coaches
and players.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After Louisville took out my Yellow Jackets on Sunday, I knew they were be up to the task of taking out Washington, and they did it pretty easily too. I'll be rooting for them, and Illinois (my pick to win it all) for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks