What's new

NCAA 2004 Online League (PS2)? (1 Viewer)

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone picking up this game and starting a league? It looks fantastic, and the EA service looks like it has a lot of potential, maybe beyond XBox Live (with offline challenges / email).

Next week is going to be a good week ;-).

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I would consider this. I'm thinking about picking up the PS2 version. I just need to see if anyone is going to run any decent deals on pricing.

:)

What can I say? I'm frugal to a fault.

Glen

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
I'd be interested, but I'm only on dialup. Plus, I'm not sure if I'm getting the Xbox or Ps2 version just yet.

Rudy

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
I'd be interested in being in a league of some sort, depending on the schedule of when games are played and whatnot.

Aaron

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
So, any of you end up getting online with the game yet? I doubt I'd be able to keep up with a league, but it would be cool to play against some HTFers once in a while. My nick is "Stucky". And you'll almost certainly pick up a win if you play me. :b

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Good Lord, I think I've killed another one.

Anyway, is anyone else here online with this yet? With the headset support and all, it'd be nice to play against folks with similar interests, so there's something to talk about. Like I said, if you're on and want to play a fellow HTFer, look for "Stucky". I've been playing after 9:30 Eastern for the most part, will probably be on every night for a little while. If you're playing online, post your nick here and I'll look you up.

On a side note, I've actually had decent experiences playing with people so far. I've stayed within myself, to use a meaningless sports cliche, by taking on people who have similar (=sucky) records. Only one guy has really pissed me off so far, (close game throughout, then I needed to recover an onside kick and failed, and instead of taking a knee with class, the guy goes for a touchdown on some ridiculous circus act involving the QB tossing to the FB, lateral to the HB who passes up to the QB 30 or so yards down the field. No, I wasn't ready for that). Oh well, c'est la vie. The headset feature wasn't working for that game, and I'd been in a headset only room, so if he thought I was just pretending to have a headset, he may have been pissed and looking to humiliate me for some payback.

But anyway, how about a game, guys?

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
At least for now, I've picked up the Xbox version, so no online play for me. MAybe I'll pick up the PS2 version sometime down the road.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
I'd be up for a league. Hell, I might even be willing to organize it. Let's say that everyone who wants to participate e-mail me at [email protected]. Registration closes in one week (July 28.) Be sure to provide name, online "handle," e-mail address, your preferred team and an alternate, and an honest self-assessment of your skill. Also include whether you use broadband or dial-up and whether you have voice capability.

Choice of teams will be first-come, first-serve.

Minimum teams needed -- eight. Depending on how many we get, we can split into different "conferences" as need be.

If you're interested, just let me know!

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

I am interested if it is still open. I just sent you an email.

Stucky,

no offense but I feel that me and you are going to battling for the last place :D

EA= Tuco11

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Hell, I didn't check this post until this morning. I sent Scott an email, hope I can still get in.

Tuco11,

That's a battle I intend to win. Er, lose. Uh, well, I don't know.

Last night... FSU 17, Florida 10. We're goin' to the Fiesta Bowl! GO NOLES!

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
I think I got both of you in. We'll probably start Friday, so I think the league is now full :). I need to chase a couple others down, then schedule. Hopefully you got an email, though I'm not sure if the group list went out right :).

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
Schedules are up, you should have email about this. If you still don't, let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks