What's new

NBC Enterprises Pacts to Bring 10 Series to DVD (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I just downloaded Saved by the Bell into my DVD Profiler and it's got both front and back art, but I can't make any specs out. Does anyone have a better scan of this?? DVD Profiler lists deleted scenes though, that should be very fun!

EDIT: Another weird thing: the back cover states that it's 34 episodes on 5 discs. Using an episode guide, I can't come up with 34 episodes by using any combination of GMMB/Grade 9/Grade 10 in broadcast or production order. Very strange.

EDIT 2: Okay upon closer inspection of the (very bad quality) back cover it looks like this will indeed contain GMMB and Grade 9 episodes. Gleaned this just by counting bullet points next to undecypherable episode names. GMMB was 13 episodes, including a pilot that aired once. The first set of episodes on the cover is 13. Grade 9 had 20 episodes and so does the second set of blurry bullet points. This is great; however it would've been preferable to have the episodes in production order (since by production order, Grade 9 is 19 episodes), so some plot lines make more sense. I can't say that they'll be presented in either order from the poor scan, and I also don't get where the 34 episodes come from...

EDIT 3: Sorry folks. SBTB is one of my favorite shows of all time and I'm losing sleep waiting for September. Thats's why I'm slaving over this back cover trying to find out any more additional info. Okay, it looks like the episodes are presented in broadcast order. This is not good, because while most episodes are self-contained, there are certain plot elements that go on, as in The X-Files. Production order would have been preferable. You can read about all the problems broadcast order creates here: http://homepage.mac.com/ijball/SbtB/List.html

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, at least share! :D

But I'm sorry, Paul...you're obviously not reading the whole DVD Profiler, uh, profile. It has this info:

Running Time: 792 min.
DVD Release: 9/2/2003
Case Type: Custom
Video Formats: Full Frame 1.33:1
Disc Formats: Single Sided, Dual Layered
SRP: $49.99

Season 1 - Good Morning, Miss Bliss
1. Summer Love (30-Nov-1988)
2. Love Letters (07-Dec-1988)
3. Wall Street (14-Dec-1988)
4. Leaping to Conclusions (21-Dec-1988)
5. Parents and Teachers (28-Dec-1988)
6. The Showdown (04-Jan-1989)
7. Save the Last Dance for Me (04-Feb-1989)
8. The Boy Who Cried Rat (11-Feb-1988)
9. Let's Get Together (18-Feb-1989)
10. Practical Jokes (25-Feb-1989)
11. Stevie (04-Mar-1989)
12. Clubs and Cliques (11-Mar-1989)
13. The Mentor (18-Mar-1989)

Season 2 - Saved By The Bell
1. King of the Hill (09-Dec-1989)
2. Fatal Distraction ( 09-Sep-1989)
3. Screech's Woman (16-Sep-1989)
4. The Gift (08-Sep-1989)
5. The Lisa Card (28-Aug-1989)
6. The Election (18-Nov-1989)
7. Aloha, Slater (23-Sep-1989)
8. Dancing to the Max (20-Aug-1989)
9. The Substitute (30-Sep-1989)
10. Cream for a Day (07-Oct-1989)
11. The Mamas and the Papas (11-Nov-1989)
12. The Babysitters (01-Dec-1990)
13. Pinned to the Mat (14-Oct-1989)
14. Beauty and the Screech (21-Oct-1989)
15. The Zack Tapes (02-Dec-1989)
16. The Friendship Business (04-Nov-1989)
17. Close Encounters of the Nerd Kind (23-Nov-1990)
18. Slater's Friend (28-Nov-1992)
19. Save That Tiger (16-Dec-1989)
20. Screech's Birthday (14-Nov-1992)

Features:
* Scene Access
* Deleted Scenes
* 'Making Of' Documentary
* Production Notes
* Closed Captioned

English: DD 2
That's pretty cool info...I'll have a TVShowsOnDVD news item dedicated to you, okay? ;)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Hey it totally slipped my mind to check the "Overview"... I was so excited to see the coverart! :b Great specs indeed! Just wonder where they came from. Oh and the specs confirm that it's indeed production order, so I'm happy as punch. From the list of episodes you can see what a mess broadcast order would've made!

EDIT: Oh stupid me! In my excitement I was reading the guide wrong. It's indeed 34 episodes, but the guide lists the Pilot as episode zero. It's probably listed as extra. Now I've totally made an ass out of myself.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
:emoji_thumbsup: Nice. I can't believe we're getting deleted scenes on this release. I figured they'd just slap the episodes onto discs and that's it. This sounds like a nice package, indeed.

And Paul, thanks for that link. I knew nothing about that history of the show. Interesting reading. I never knew the actor who played "Urkel" was that close to being on SBTB. Hopefully they'll include that original pilot in the set, which it looks like they are if that 34 episodes is correct.

John Simon

Second Unit
Anyone else amused by the fact we're getting out first pics of the cover art, as well as the details, for SBTB off of DVD Profiler? This seems like a first to me. I'm curious how they ended up there before any of the DVD sites got them.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
If we get the original pilot, that'd just really make my year complete. I've never been able to come across a viewable copy.

Beau

Supporting Actor
Isn't true the pilot doesn't have anyone from the series accept for Dennis Haskins(is that his name, who played Belding?). I heard about that ONE episode on the E! True Hollywood story of SBTB. Glad to hear the GMMB is going to be on it too.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Beau, from Ian's SBTB site...

"Good Morning, Miss Bliss" Pilot cast:
Hayley Mills - Miss Carrie Bliss (Mrs. Davis)
Charles Siebert - Charlie Davis
Maria O'Brien - Ms. Tina Paladrino
Julie Ronnie - Lonnie Maple
Oliver Clark - Mr. Gerald Belding
Gabriel Damon - Bradley
Brian Green - Adam Montcrief
Samantha Mills - Wendy
Matt Shakman - Georgie Winslow
Jaleel White - Bobby Wilson
Pilot Guest Stars:
Jonathan Brandis - Michael Thompson
Britton Elliott - Janet Hillhurst(?)
Sarah Jo Martin - (unnamed student)(?)
Danielle Rioux - (unnamed student)(?)
Josh Goddard - Steven(?)
Andrea Messersmith - Lori(?)
Gary Werntz - moving man #1(?)
Ren Meyerson - moving man #2(?)

The pilot episode of Good Morning, Miss Bliss did not have the same cast as in the rest of the GMMB "series", except for Hayley Mills as Miss Bliss, not even Dennis Haskins played Mr. Belding.

The original idea for the series was apparently inspired by NBC President Brandon Tartifoff's strong desire to do a positive show about an "inspiring" school teacher, like the teacher (apparently, the real "Miss Bliss") he'd had as a boy. So Tartikoff commissioned Peter Engel to do such a show. (This all according to the E! True Hollywood Story about Saved by the Bell.)

The GMMB pilot then aired on NBC in "The Facts of Life's" timeslot (on July 11, 1987).

In the pilot, the main "student" character was played by Brian Austin Green (of Beverly Hills, 90210 fame), but his character's name wasn't Zack Morris. Instead, Green played a super-serious student who always wore business suits. Another student character was played by Jaleel White (of Family Matters fame).

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I just hope that The Colledge Years will also be part of the SBTB line, as well as the Las Vegas movie. In other words, the complete original SBTB "saga". ;)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I've got no doubt this will be a series that sells very well. The College Years must come...so must the movies.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Let's not forget Saved By the Bell: Hawaiian Style!

Great to see that they are being released in production order and that we are getting some supplements. Can't wait till September.:D

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Is that the real cover art? It has the Trimark logo on it.

And last time I checked, Trimark folded a while ago when Lions Gate bought them. :)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I hope it's not a hoax. I'll kill myself. It is weird that no DVD sites are reporting this, so I don't know where the info and art came from.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if that E! True Hollywood Story will be included on one of the sets? The last one, perhaps.

Greg Robinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg R
Ed!

I will most definitely be buying ED once it comes to DVD. It is easily one of the coolest shows on television. I have several frieds who watch it every week and we're all praying that Ed's strong ratings durings its finale were enough to kick NBC in the right direction and RENEW for a 4th season!

The Pretender and Profiler will probably also make their way to my shelf.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I hope it's not a hoax. I'll kill myself. It is weird that no DVD sites are reporting this, so I don't know where the info and art came from.
Not worth your life, my friend! :)

I really don't know much about DVDProfiler, but CAN it be a hoax? Who gets that information into their system? Users? If so, what's the authentication process before it's posted? If "none", then we could be in trouble!

Because there is indeed now a DVD site reporting this. :D

Clinton C

Stunt Coordinator
dvdprofiler information is given by users...so in theory anyone could have posted it..hopefully it's correct..i mean they did have the cover art so it seems legit.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
DVD Profiler, uh, profiles are indeed user-submitted, though I don't know what authentication steps are taken, if any. Maybe someone can shed more light on this. Someone from DVD Profiler is registered on HTF, I believe. Maybe they can chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks