What's new

NBC Enterprises Pacts to Bring 10 Series to DVD (2 Viewers)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
How reliable is the first link from Adam Tyner? Is this a reliable site?
Oh, The Futon Critic is VERY reliable.

Want a source that's even better for this info? Try Variety! :D

Note that the Variety article shows one that Brian missed at TFC. A&E is coming out with "Victory At Sea"! *YES!!!*

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
To be honest, none of these really interest me at all.

I can't belive Artisan are looking to distribute "Crossing Jordan," "Ed" and "The Pretender" when they can't even get around to making season 2 of "Twin Peaks".

The other thing I desperately want are season box sets of The Muppet Show. Please, no more of these TimeLife "Best Of" discs, just full seasons. Please.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Darn, still no Seinfeld on DVD. I think Seinfeld is kind of like the "Star Wars" of TV in terms of demand. But, as long as people are still watching it in syndication, we'll never see it on DVD. Actually, I want Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD more than Seinfeld. It will probably come out first, too.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
SBTB on DVD is THE GREATEST news I've heard this year. Love the show and hope to own every episode on DVD. Watched it since I was six years old. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.:D

Thank you NBC!

Brenton

Screenwriter
I would pull my own teeth for Seinfeld. Well... maybe I wouldn't pull them OUT, but I would definitely tug at them.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Adam Sandler already has his own SNL disc. When is the Phil Hartman one coming out or Eddie Murphy (which is only included in the Costco box set)?

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm pretty excited about Little House. Nelly Olesen has always been my idol. I worship her. I hope they're good quality DVDs.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
...when they can't even get around to making season 2 of "Twin Peaks".
Don't you mean, "when they desperately want to release Twin Peaks season 2 and get all that cool income, but are prevented from doing so by whatever pesky legal/rights issue is in the way"?

That's a much more likely scenario than the "lazy" one you describe there. If Artisan is prevented, for whatever reason, from getting TP S2 out, then I'm sure they will be happy to work on other TV series.

Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld...did you guys know that this show - formally #1 in the voting at TVShowsOnDVD.com's most-requested series to be put on DVD - is now down to position #5? It's fallen behind JAG. Heck, Forever Knight will overtake Seinfeld with just 40 more votes!

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks David Lambert for the post, ( puts on I love Kelly Kapowski shirt) I am off to wait at Best Buy :D

I am all over the Saved By the Bell set...Been waiting on this news for a while. I am with Russell on Beverly Hills 90210. What does it take to get this released? I know its in the top 25 most requested shows for release on tvshowsondvd.com. Does anyone know if Fox owns the rights to this and would be the ones to release it? Or is it owned by Spelling Entertainment? Thanks.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
YES! I can't wait for SBTB. I just looked over the episode guide, and I have definately seen 99 out of the 100 episodes listed (not counting the movies). I am not sure if I have seen the other one. If I have, I don't remember it.

Hope they also release the College Years.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I hope they release Saved By The Bell in production order rather than broadcast order because it's kind of odd to have Slater as 'the new transfer student' after he's already been in episodes that season (see_episode_15) plus the later seasons featured episodes that were produced during early seasons making it a little jarring as the actors would get younger in an episode then go back to normal.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
$69.95 is a bit steep considering the NYPD Blue set price for 20 episodes
Not to try to "justify" the price or anything, because you have a point.

But realize that this is at A&E price levels (Prisoner, Space: 1999) vs. Fox price levels (NYPD Blue, Simpsons, M*A*S*H). I think Fox's volume allows them to pass on substantial savings.

Are you a Costco member? Costco always has the A&E items the cheapest. If you can wait until the whole series is out and they put out a mega-set, then you should be able to score the mega-set at Costco for close to half off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks