What's new

NBA 2015-16 Season (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I disagree. After all the warnings, and the fact that this was the *second* time he went after someone's nuts, I have no problem with the flagrant-1. (If it weren't for the Adams kick, they probably would've let him off with a technical -- of course if it weren't for that move, he wouldn't be getting suspended for this either way.)

I didn't even notice it during the in-game replays, but after seeing it again today, I believe that it was fully intentional. That said, I thought Lebron should have gotten a flagrant in the first place for arm-barring Green to the ground right in front of the ref.
If you think that then he didn't get his monies worth as he barely hit him in that region as he was getting off the floor.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hard to get in a solid shot when you're trying to be discreet about it! :)
You really think in the heat of the battle his mind is thinking that quickly? At times, I think we give these athletes a little too much credit in how calculating their minds actually are.......

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Green should of just gotten straight up and if James just happens to take a header to the floor because the two were tangled up, so be it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Congrats to the city of Cleveland for finally getting that loser tag off of you. I'm still bugged by what the NBA did as they helped altered this series, but the Cavaliers earned it by beating GS three times in a row and twice at GS. Also, I'm happy for LeBron, as he silenced some of his critics that questioned his greatness as a player. What a joke some people can be and how they hold grudges against people they really don't know on a personal level.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I'm very happy for the long-suffering fans of Cleveland.

I lost a lot of respect for LeBron as a man in this series (though not as a ball player).

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Congrats to the city of Cleveland for finally getting that loser tag off of you. I'm still bugged by what the NBA did as they helped altered this series, but the Cavaliers earned it by beating GS three times in a row and twice at GS. Also, I'm happy for LeBron, as he silenced some of his critics that questioned his greatness as a player. What a joke some people can be and how they hold grudges against people they really don't know on a personal level.

Yeah, I am happy to see James finally win it all with the Cavaliers. And doing with a less stellar supporting cast than when he was with the Heat. I admit, I was one of those detractors when he was with the Heat, but he definitely has proven me wrong.

Congrats to the Cleveland Cavaliers for winning it all! I always remembered that there was one city that definitely had it worse than Philly when it came to sports championships, and it was Cleveland, as they have had more major heartbreaks. And I thought they were heading for another in Game 7, but luckily, that did not happen.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
LeBron James as a man is a role model to many young, impressionable kids. and this is how he acts at a family oriented parade after winning the NBA championship:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...vs-cleveland-video/1x875lrhav54b15ht17awm22p8
Rise above, and by example prove to be an excellent role model......or behave poorly, almost with a chip on your shoulder about something.
His choice, but he lost my respect instantly after that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
LeBron James as a man is a role model to many young, impressionable kids. and this is how he acts at a family oriented parade after winning the NBA championship:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...vs-cleveland-video/1x875lrhav54b15ht17awm22p8
Rise above, and by example prove to be an excellent role model......or behave poorly, almost with a chip on your shoulder about something.
His choice, but he lost my respect instantly after that.
I'm sorry, but athletes shouldn't be looked upon as role models. Furthermore, people sure lose respecting other people rather quickly.;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They shouldn't, but to many kids they are. It is just the way it is.
Well, that's society's fault! Furthermore, the monies that LeBron is giving many unprivileged kids in Dayton to attend college speaks more about him as a person than some spoken words at a parade.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Durant joining the Warriors as a free agent which means Westbrook will be leaving OKC next season.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
He'll be gone by the trade deadline, most likely. It's clearly rebuilding time in OKC, and they might as well try to get something for him.

IMO, it's kinda cheesy for KD to go to the team that just barely squeaked by them this year, especially taking less money to do it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
He'll be gone by the trade deadline, most likely. It's clearly rebuilding time in OKC, and they might as well try to get something for him.

IMO, it's kinda cheesy for KD to go to the team that just barely squeaked by them this year, especially taking less money to do it.
IMO, I think KD made the best decision for him. He went to the best basketball situation that fits his game.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Tim Duncan announces his retirement. Personally, great player, but I was never a big fan of him, probably had to do with what team he played for as I can't stand Greg Popovich.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I couldn't find a more recent NBA thread, so I am posting this news here. CBS broke into the golf broadcast to report that Kobe Bryant was killed when his private helicopter crashed. All five people on the aircraft were killed, but the identity of the four others was not yet known.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I couldn't find a more recent NBA thread, so I am posting this news here. CBS broke into the golf broadcast to report that Kobe Bryant was killed when his private helicopter crashed. All five people on the aircraft were killed, but the identity of the four others was not yet known.
Kobe's oldest daughter was also killed. Very sad new!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks