What's new

Nature Valley chewy Trail Mix Bar.. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yummmmmmmm
drool.gif

As a regular consumer of Nature Valley granola bars, their new fruity and nutty trail mix bar is really yummy...
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Well Jay that was....a....great post!!.....sure it was :) ...uh huh.
I'm a "fruit by the foot" fan myself :)
LL cool B

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hey, people post threads on how Rachel Weisz is yummy, let me have my granola bar!
I've been a regular NV guy myself, snacking on one after biking to work, just to replenish the muscles.
Jay "foot by the fruit" H
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Wanna Link Removed

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Nature Valley granola bars, their new fruity and nutty trail mix bar
Hey Jay, you're a healthy guy, right? Tell me, are these things helpful in any way whatsoever? I've been buying them by the case at Costco ($7 for a couple dozen) and for some time was eating one every day. I never could figure out if they were doing me any good, however, and haven't gotten around to replenishing my supply for a couple of weeks now. So, what's the scoop? Are they actually good for you, or are they just another snack bar?
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I'd like to think I'm healthy at least. :) As long as I continue to ride alot, I eat anything and everything. At work, whenever there's free food around, I'm there! In fact, our department secratary always calls me when customers are here and we feed them lunch and stuff and they're leftovers. She keeps worrying that I'm becoming too skinny and gonna disappear :)
Well, I like the Nature Valley stuff cause it's simple, real, and tastes good. Yeah, I've got a stack of Clif bars, PowerBars, Gu, etc at home but usually I go for the plain old granola bars, GORP, or something else cause it tastes better. Protein is what you feed to your muscles within 1/2 hour of exercising or so to replenish so really, anything with protein in it is fine. The energy bars typically have more protein than the NV bars but they'll also have more fat which really isn't that good no matter how much exercise you are doing. If I was a racer and really wanted to keep thin, I'd be much more aware of the fat that I'm injesting but since I'm not, I don't care, I'll eat anything.
I think if you are eating snacks and stuff, granola bars are probably one of the better ones to eat. You can even make your own too with a little work too.
So, eating a bar or any high protein snack during and after work/exercise is a good thing according to the experts. Liquid stuff like Cytomax is also great during long bike rides and stuff cause it's more easily digestable than solid food and it's cheaper than those energy bars. I've also heard alot of stuff about the new Accelerade and EnerRx powders too.
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Wanna Link Removed

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Oops, I made a major booboo, when I said that I've heard alot of stuff on the net about Endurox R4 not enerRx which I think is that stupid infomercial on DishNetwork playing these days... Endurox R4 and Accelerade are made by the same company and accelerade is fairly new.
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Wanna Link Removed

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info. :)
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Those sound good. I need to start eating healthier snacks again so I'll check them out!
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, I tend to stick to the cheap, either homemade GORP, or simple things like granola bars (the NV ones being my favorite, I really like the Cinnamon ones the best). Save the energy bars for the racers or endurance athletes. Most of them are expensive and really not necessary unless you are like substituting meals with them or cannot afford to bonk (which sucks BTW). Otherwise, none of them taste that great and they're expensive.
A good cheap GORP recipy that I like is
Raisins
Peanuts
Sunflower Seeds
M&Ms (peanuts or regular)
Coconut flakes (high fat content but they're really yummy!)
and any other kind of nut that you like or have would work.
(Trader Joes (a natural foods kind of store) has some good gorp that you can buy if you don't have the time to make them, they have everything above except the coconut flakes but you can always add your own.)
Jay
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Wanna Link Removed

Mike D.

Stunt Coordinator
On the opposite end of the spectrum, try a high-protein/low carb bar, like Met-Rex or something like that. Talk about horrible! I take a bite of it, then a bite of a bananna and as sip of OJ just to get it down. Bla!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks