What's new

National Lampoon's Van Wilder (1 Viewer)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
No, I haven't seen the movie, but it can be pretty disappointing to watch a frat boy comedy and not have any nudity in it. Some movies deliver the goods (Not Another Teen Movie), some don't (Tomcats). Others only give you a little bit (Sorority Boys), whereas some will have a really great scene (American Pies, Road Trip: Unrated).
I think if you're going to make a movie like this, and you skimp on the T&A, then you're not delivering one of the things most of the audience is expecting.
Surely you can let me know how the movie delivers on this without spoiling anything.
And I still say Sorority Boys was funny. C'mon, you didn't like what's-his-name? Y'know the big guy from Rocket Man? ;)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Thanks for the scoop, Matt. And, it's funny, but I'm like the only person I know who doesn't like Half-Baked. Harland Williams was good in it, but unfortunately he wasn't in it much. But, there's plenty of him in Sorority Boys ;)

Esten

Supporting Actor
Sounds like the kind of movie i'd like.
Even if it's bad,there's no way in hell it's worse than Wishmaster 3.BLEH!
"My,what nice... menus you have.";)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the review Matt. :emoji_thumbsup: I even went to Hastings yesterday in hopes that they might have it out early, but no luck. I'll be going back on Tuesday though.:) BTW, those menus sound nice.:D

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
This DVD is just $15.99 at Best Buy on Tuesday - plus you get a free Weekend At Bernie's DVD with it. I might just have to pick it up, even though I haven't seen the movie.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Hmm, think I may get this one. ;) I will admit that the design of the DVD looks impressive. Let's hope they do something similar if they ever make a good titty teen film. :)
At the very least, Matt's not reviewing "The Master of Disguise" DVD. Keep up the good work. :)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Pre-ordered mine from BestBuy.com (unrated of course). Looking forward to seeing it.

On a side note, I went to a Minor League Baseball game tonight, and it was Van Wilder night, sponsored by a local video store chain. They gave out a couple copies of the DVD (not sure if it was R or unrated).

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Just picked this up today. (The "Unrated" edition, of course.) Very cool! :emoji_thumbsup: :D Matt, thanks for the help with finding the easter eggs on the menu screens.

JamesHromadka

Stunt Coordinator
Bought it today when I picked up Pulp Fiction but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
I think this is the first time that I've bought a DVD where the animated menus didn't bother me. :)

ashley c

Stunt Coordinator
On disc 2 there are some stuff you can highlight and push enter (such as the unrated sign) and does nothing. Is there a point to these or are they there just for fun?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay, Chmiel...my copy will be here from Netflix tomorrow, so I can finally comment on it. I'm giddy with anticipation ;)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Artisan Exec #1: "How the HELL are we gonna unload all the Van Wilder DVDs?"
Artisan Exec #2: (Off-handed comment) "Ha. We should have a big pair of bare boobs bouncing all over the menu screens!"
Both execs stare at each other silently for about 23 seconds before they both lunge for the phone.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks