What's new

Natalie Wood and Legend of Lylah Clare (1 Viewer)

Claude North

Second Unit
Any word on when the Natalie Wood box set, or the "special plans" (according to the Warner chat) for Legend of Lylah Clare, are going to materialize?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I just watched LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER last week and was thinking the same thing.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Moreso than even THE AFRICAN QUEEN, LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER is inexplicably MIA on dvd. It's a great love story with the two biggest legendary stars of the sixties (McQueen and Wood) in iconic roles. As a McQueen fan, it may be his best role. Paramount is so indifferent to this hugely successful film that they haven't even bothered to letterbox it for its TCM showings!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I was recently thinking about the Natalie Wood Collection and the WW II Home Front Collection also. When Warner’s talked about both collections, I somehow thought it would be in the early fall, but we have heard nothing since.

Anyone one with information out there?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Actually, I just saw it on TCM two weeks ago and I believe it was letterboxed.

But a very good film, other than the rather rushed finale.

gabby100

Auditioning
Real Name
gail
What is the latest news on the Natalie Wood Box Set? It was set for release in August but was postponed to ensure the best quality. Is there any news on this?

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I too am waiting for the NATALIE WOOD BOXSET. I was hoping for an announcement before the end of the year. Warners has slowed down their classic catalog releases to a snails crawl compared to last year....makes me nervous they are slowly going the route of Paramount. I do hope LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER will see the light of day....maybe Criterion?

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman

TCM sadly has never shown Proper Stranger letterboxed - always open matte.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks