What's new

Nashville Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm still really enjoying this one. I hope Deacon finds out Maddie's his daughter sooner rather than later, though. There's a lot of interesting material to be mined from that.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Usually, I am like "oh man that sucks" when a main character gets conned like that, but in Juliet's case, I was like "you got what you deserved", as I just love seeing horrible things happening to her.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Walter C said:
Usually, I am like "oh man that sucks" when a main character gets conned like that, but in Juliet's case, I was like "you got what you deserved", as I just love seeing horrible things happening to her.
I had basically the same feeling.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And unfortunately, Juliet never seems to learn the right lessons from her mistakes.Loved Rayna and Deacon finally getting together. This has become probably my favorite show on Wednesdays. Solid acting, solid writing, soapy fun and generally great music.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Yeah, as I guess we will see Jay Hernandez back next episode (I did not see the previews, so I don't know). And surprising that I am actually enjoying the music on this show, considering that I don't normally care for country music.

Though I feel like the show does come to a screeching halt whenever Gunnar appears. I just don't find his storyline interesting, from the whole deal with his brother to the neighbor who kissed him. I always want it to go back to Rayna or Juliet, or even the city council storyline.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Great episode tonight. The final beat with Maddie on the bed with piles of legal documents was a moment I've been waiting for since the series began. It throws all of the cozy arrangements out the window.On the other hand, I was really impressed by Juliette's mother. She knew the risks and the costs of her plan of action, and she did it anyway. Juliette knows that her mother's final act was to protect her. Hopefully she actually appreciates that.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
^^
Yeah, Jolene will be missed, as I think she is the only junkie character that I liked on TV, and even felt sad for. And the only one who would truly get Juliet all rattled.

In the episode before that (from 5/8), I thought it was touching when she said that she cared, when Juliet cried that no one cares, as Jolene was tucking the blanket over her, as she finally getting to be the mother that she should have been all along. Even if only for a brief moment.

Glad to see Scarlet finally breaking up with Gunnar, because how much of his crap is she going to take. And boy, how things have changed, as Gunnar is not so likeable, while Avery has become more likeable.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I know this is late, but I did enjoy the season finale of the show. No surprise that Deacon fell off the wagon, as it had to happen at some point, in this type of show. :)

And even with a designated driver, the accident still happened, to end the season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
These characters are living the lives of the characters in their country songs, probably helps with connecting to their audience on a gut level at times. :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Three recurring actors have been bumped up to series regular status for season two: Chris Carmack, who plays Gunnar's closeted friend and wannabe country singer; and sisters Lennon Stella, who plays Rayna and Deacon's daughter Maddie, and Maisy Stella, who plays Rayna and Teddy's daughter Daphne.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
CMT aired a "preview" tonight consisting of the first hour of the two-hour Season 5 premiere.

It was wonderful, a return to the careful character work and beautiful music of Season 1, and leaving the soapiness of Seasons 2-4 behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks