What's new

Napoleon Dynamite SE??? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

I personally couldn't care less what an SE is titled. As long as it has the features I want, it could be called "The George Lucas Memorial Sucking More Of Your Money SE" and I'd still buy it! :D

David Prior

Insider
I love the auhority with which DavisDVD tells you what's on the disc -- "Over on disc two is the ..."

The disc configuration and what's on it is still being worked out, but none of what's on the web is correct. In short, you'll have everything from the previous disc plus a new cast commentary, two docs (each over 40 minutes a piece), new deleted and extended scenes, outtakes, audition videos, Napoleon TV appearances, etc. etc.

It's pretty sweet.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sold! Thanks Mr. Prior for the preview.

I am now in the process of learning to discipline my image in order to be worthy of purchasing this set.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
Mr. Prior,

Any chance to add last year's Utah State Fair TV and radio commercials? Those were hilarious and probably didn't get a lot of exposure outside of the Utah/Idaho area.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm not going to presume to speak for Mr. Prior, but I do wonder if those commercials are part of the "Napoleon TV appearances" that he listed. I would hope so. They were frickin' hilarious.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Came across this at DVDTown:
Special Features
Disk 1:
Commentary by Director/Co-Writer Jared Hess, Actor Jon Heder and Producer Jeremy Coon
Deleted Scenes with commentary by Director/Co-Writer Jared Hess, Actor Jon Heder and Producer Jeremy Coon
Deleted Scenes
Still Gallery (50 stills)
Disk 2:
"Peluca" Short Film w/optional commentary by Director/Writer Jared Hess, Actor Jon Heder
and Producer Jeremy Coon
FEATURETTE: The Wedding of the Century!
MTV On-Air Promos and outtakes featurette
MTV On-Air Promos:
- 3 Easy Steps Napoleon 01
- 3 Easy Steps Napoleon 02
- 3 Easy Steps Pedro 01
- 3 Easy Steps Uncle Rico 01
- 3 Easy Steps Deb
- Fishing 02
- Liger vs. Tigon
Raw interstitial tapes from shoot/outtakes
The Real Napoleon Dynamite - New Documentary
Behind the scenes
Napoleon Sightings:Various ND clips:
ESPN clip - 2005 Scripps National Spelling Bee Clip
Clips from TRL
Clips from MTV Movie Awards
Opening of SNL with Jon Heder
Cartoon Network-Napoleon Bonomite
2004 Teen Choice Awards-ND & Nicole Richie Play Tetherball
2005 Teen Choice Awards-Hissy Fit Award
New outtakes and deleted scenes
Sweet Jumps-Nap on the bike outtakes
Lord of the Dance-freestyle dance of ND filmed during Peluca
Chugger - alt scenes of chugging sports drink
Trailer: Boondock Saints

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well I would think you could throw that info out the window as well and the producer of the disc just said that info on the web is false a few posts up. For example Mr. Prior indicated that the disc will have 2 commentaries and the info from DVDTown only has one listed.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Mr. Prior, if you see this, please put the original trailer for the film itself on the package as well. It was the only glaring omission not on the original release.

Can't wait to get rid of old copy and get new SE May 16th.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Wow, I didn't know that David Prior was a member here. That's really cool! :)

I remember seeing this movie when it first started, in limited release. There may have been more than one deleted/alternate scene, but this one sticks in my head A LOT for some reason. If I'm not crazy, I'd like to see this alternate scene on the SE somewhere. This isn't a 100% accurate transcript of the scene, but it will show the difference in the scene:

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?

(Napoleon explains that a liger is a mixture of lion and tiger. He explains that the father must be Species A (I can't remember whether the father is lion or tiger, hence the Species A label, but Napoleon mentions it) and the mother must be Species B).

(Deb then asks what would be the outcome of breeding a Species B father with a Species A mother.)

Napoleon: That's a completely useless animal! That would be a tigon! That's just retarded!

Does anyone remember this alternate scene? Maybe it was in a "making-of" special or something, and my mind just places it in the film. Or was the film changed before it went into a wider release?

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Thanks for the answer, Vincent. I thought I was going crazy. Still, I could have sworn that I saw that clip in the theater. I suppose my mind is playing tricks on me.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
I finally found a recent link that posts specs for this DVD that match what David Prior was promising a couple of months ago (two commentaries, new documentaries, Utah Fair ads, etc). Most everybody else still seems to be using the "old" list which is only partially accurate.

Found this at: http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?..._enter&id=1510

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES

Presented in English Dolby Digital 5.1 and Spanish Dolby, the NAPOLEON DYNAMITE: LIKE, THE BEST SPECIAL EDITION EVER! is presented widescreen format. Special features include:

Disc One:
• Feature commentary by Director/Co-Writer Jared Hess, actor Jon Heder and producer
Jeremy Coon
• Cast commentary by Aaron Ruell, Efren Ramirz, Jon Gries and Tina Majorino

Disc Two:
• "World Premiere Jared Hess" - Documentary
• On Location: Napoleon Dynamite
o Halls of Academe
o Steak Toss
o Cage Fighter
o Nap Dance
o Grandma on the Dunes
o Sweet Jumps
o Neck Meat/Time Machine
o Gold Bracelets and Tiny Seahorses
o Odd Job
• Audition Tapes
• Utah State Fair Ads
• Napoleon Sightings:
o MTV "Total Request Live" clip
o "Tankman Begins" - Clips from 2005 MTV Movie Awards clip
o Opening of "Saturday Night Live" with Jon Heder
o 2004 Teen Choice Awards - Napoleon Dynamite and Nicole Richie play tetherball
o 2005 Teen Choice Awards - Hissy Fit award
o Spelling Bee
• More Sweet Outtakes and Extended/Alternate Scenes
• Featurette: "The Wedding of the Century!"
• MTV on-air promos
• Still Gallery

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I guess that answers whom we should trust: DavisDVD or...the guy who is making the actual package! :D

I hope "Cage Fighter" and "Steak Toss" are as funny as the names indicate! I'm laughing right now just reading it!:laugh:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The list above is accurate. My screener came today and that's exactly what's on it - though the list is missing a few things. The new DVD offers the same Peluca film on the current DVD and also repeats the old disc's deleted scenes. Except for an ad for Arrested Development and a "soundtrack spot", everything repeats from the original release.

Oh, this one DOES drop the pan and scan version. Boo-hoo - you're breaking my heart! :D

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
That's consistent with what was stated previously by the disc producer-- all the old stuff (OK, the USEFUL old stuff) + good new stuff. Hopefully we'll see reviews soon if screeners are going out.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Honestly, I felt no need to get this, but the extras sound pretty good. I've always liked the movie but it continues to rise in my esteem for some unexplainable reason, despite all the overexposure.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
While grocery shopping at a, uh, "major national discount retailer" last night, I happened upon a copy of this that was sitting out. Since it was 10:15 p.m. Mountain Time, I figured it was Tuesday on the East coast so that was close enough and I bought it. Since I only had a little time when I got home, I ran through the "Napoleon Sightings" section on disc 2.

Now call me a prude if you want, but given the innocent tone of the movie and all of the Napoleon stuff I'd seen up until now, I fully expected the extras on this disc to be something I could sit my kids (all under 12) in front of unattended (they all love this movie). But out of the blue, in the middle of the MTV "Tankman Begins" segment, one of the characters lets out an uncensored F-Bomb! It went completely against the grain of the entire movie and all of the other special features that I have I seen so far. I know it's MTV, but there were a bunch of other MTV, SNL, Teen Choice award things with nothing more offensive than the a joke on the word "fart." I would liken it to having Roy Disney suddenly telling a dirty joke on disc 2 of "Snow White" for no apparent reason. At the very least I would have expected hard profanity to be bleeped out on what I would call a mild-PG, family friendly release.

Anyway, the rest of this set looks really good but I was quite disappointed with the way the Tankman segment was presented.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks