What's new

Nanny and the Professor/Ghost and Mrs. Muir - why not on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I would have thought that these two series would have done well on DVD. After all, both Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie have been released and I see these two as perhaps appealling to the same audiences.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Most of the episodes of Nanny and the Professor are available on Hulu (uncut of course). The picture quality isn't all that great, though.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Fox never bothered to remaster their pre-Simpsons, non-M*A*S*H syndication library, because they assume no one wants it.
I imagine Shout! Factory will get their hands on these shows sooner or later.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Maybe some letter writing to Shout! might be worth a shot
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I would love to see both of these on DVD. Heard so many great things about them would be great to finally see them in.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Since Shout! Factory has access to the Fox vaults, they'd be more than likely to release these titles soon, so don't be surprised if you hear good news within a few months.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'd be in for "Ghost...." , can't remember the "Nanny...." series. I need to jog the memory at IMDB or elsewhere.
Hope Charles is right about Shout! Sounds logical to me.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Both shows were extremely literate; "Ghost" holds up the best today...it's kind of a timeless theme. "Nanny" was little appreciated in its time; it was quieter, but well-written.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
I thought that I had read in one of the threads on Ghost and Mrs.Muir that MPI was mulling over the idea of releasing this show, but I couldn't find the post. MPI release similar fare: The Doris Day Show, Family Affair, Here's Lucy. As to their being literate shows, that's something else altogether.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
that news was from way back in 2006. Lets hope that we see a release soon, if indeed MPI bought the series rights for dvd.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Any more news on either of these two shows please? With Bewitched and Jeannie now complete now seems a good time.....

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Okay, so you know that since they are Fox shows if you do get them, they won't be remastered and will be taken from dirty 16mm transfers. I want them too but don't clamor for them and then complain that they look bad on your 100 inch HD sets. I'd just be happy to get them but you know what you get with a Fox show.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
My HD Set has a Small-Screen Mode (about 20" wide), that I joking call "The Mill Creek Mode". (If you've ever bought any of their PD "Shovelware" Sets you know what I'm talking about.) If the Video Quality suffers on the larger screen I'll switch over to the smaller mode and watch it that way./img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Regulus /forum/thread/282976/nanny-and-the-professor-ghost-and-mrs-muir-why-not-on-dvd#post_3653235
My HD Set has a Small-Screen Mode (about 20" wide), that I joking call "The Mill Creek Mode". (If you've ever bought any of their PD "Shovelware" Sets you know what I'm talking about.) If the Video Quality suffers on the larger screen I'll switch over to the smaller mode and watch it that way./img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif
Good for you. That's a sensible approach. I was actually referring to the people who hated the Room 222 set because of the faded prints that were used and wouldn't buy the set because of it. Those folks wouldn't be a good audience for any non-Irwin Allen Fox product that we may ever see released.

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
For those of you who don't remember "Nanny and the Professor" or who have never seen it, you can watch episodes of it at Hulu.

It would be great to see an official release of both this series and "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir".

Hopefully MPI or even Shout! Factory will obtain these and see their way to release either or both.

MPI did a fairly decent job with "The Doris Day Show" (and they released the entire series to boot) so we'd be very happy if they released the above 2 series.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Right now it appears that Shout is the only company that is licensing stuff from Fox. MPI still goes only with deals that they can make with individuals or estates. Timeless licenses but they had a major court battle with Fox years ago and those companies are not likely to do any business with each other any time soon. So, if you want those shows, and I would love to get them myself and upgrade my off-air syndication copies, Shout is the only option at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks