What's new

Nancy Drew Hardy Boys Mysteries Season 3 ? ? ? (1 Viewer)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Anyone else hoping for news on season 3 set?

Currently Barnes & Noble has Season 1 + 2 on sale for 50% off retail of 39.99.

I believe Season 3 is really short also... maybe around 10 Episodes.

I hope Universal finishes off the series.

****Sorry I should have titled the Subject Hardy Boys Mysteries Season 3**** Modorator If you can change title please do so.******

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Powell, everyone has been waiting for the third season for the longest time. Also, the name of the series for the first two seasons was "The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Mysteries." For the last season, it was simply known as "The Hardy Boys Mysteries." The Nancy Drew segment of the series was dropped for the last season.

Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hardy_Boys/Nancy_Drew_Mysteries#Third_Season

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
not to mention on a complete different issue was the 1969 Hardy Boys Cartoon by filmation that used the books for the mysteries, but, made some changes to actual plots.

I think there was another post not that long ago that basically said the first two season came out to tied into the Nancy Drew Movie. So, i have my doubts that the third and final season will ever be released.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I don't see it happening unless that oft-postponed "Hardy Men" movie gets made and then Universal could release S3 as a tie-in just like S2 got released only because of the flop "Nancy Drew" movie that came out.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i would love to see the final season come out. I would also love to see the 1969-1970 cartoon as well released. I know there is different issues with the cartoon, especially around ownership rights.

I still have about 20-30 hardy boy books sitting on a book case. I remember reading them when i was 10-14.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The final season I would love (especially for another Anne Lockhart guest shot!) but I have to admit I am glad that we at least got S2 which is the "key" season of the series, whereas S3 is a bit more of a break from the format.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Woludn't mind seeing the unaired/unsold pilot done at 20th Century Fox around 1966-1967

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
There also is "The Mystery of Ghost Farm," the Hardy Boys Disney serial which aired on The Mickey Mouse Club during the 1957-58 season.

rwiatt

Auditioning
Real Name
reina wiatt
I really would like Universal to finish the series. The studios do themselves a HUGE disservice to the paying public when they will not complete a series--especially one this popular.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by rwiatt
I really would like Universal to finish the series. The studios do themselves a HUGE disservice to the paying public when they will not complete a series--especially one this popular.
There has been some earlier posts about the issue of Hardy Boys. One of the post mention that Hardy Boys S2 came out with the release of the Nancy Drew movie. It frustrates me that there is only one season left of the show and it would be nice complete the set. I have many of the books, but i would love to see this show completed. I am wondering if the delay has something to do with movie being proposed called the Hardy Men.

I would also like to see the cartoon releases as well. It did segments on the book, but, they modify them a little from the book, plus they had lots of singing, etc. I grew up as kid on hardy boy books and it is sad this new generation of kids can not experience the hardy boys, especially the old writings of Franklin W Dixon.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Pete Battista
I would also like to see the final season come out. But at this point I am beyond doubtful. But I am still enjoying the first 2 seasons.
Hi Pete,

I agree with you on your comments. I am getting more frustrated with shows that have like 1 or 2 seasons left to complete. I can list the shows, like White Shadow, SWAT, Charlie's Angels, etc. It would be nice to complete these sets.

I watch the hardy boys from time to time. I was not a big fan of Nancy Drew, so, i usually do not touch those shows. I do not remember much about S3 of the hardy boys. However, i have read some info they join the justice department for S3 and Nancy Drew was dropped. The network probably should have dropped Nancy Drew after S1. The crossover episodes did not interest me, because i am not a big fan of pamela sue martin.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
FINALLY! I know this last season was weak overall, but it's great to see it completed at long last (it will only have taken eight years to get three seasons out), plus it has a guest shot of Battlestar Galactica's Anne Lockhart I've wanted a good release of for a long time.
Maybe this means we'll also see Universal's other "one season to go stalled" title, "Baa Baa Black Sheep" come soon as well?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Jack P said:
FINALLY! I know this last season was weak overall, but it's great to see it completed at long last (it will only have taken eight years to get three seasons out), plus it has a guest shot of Battlestar Galactica's Anne Lockhart I've wanted a good release of for a long time.
Maybe this means we'll also see Universal's other "one season to go stalled" title, "Baa Baa Black Sheep" come soon as well?
Hopefully they can next work on the cartoon from 1969 that different spin on the books, but still worth having in my collection. I grew up with the hardy boys and still have close to 30 books laying around!

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
wow. consider me surprised, I thought that series was abandoned forever.
Can't wait, it's coming out just before my birthday!
Maybe there is hope for Early Edition season 3 or Love Boat season 3 too!

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
WOW! This is splendid news! Even though I already have them all from various sources, it would be nice to get them in superior quality.
The opening (2-part) episodes "The Last Kiss Of Summer" (guest starring Ann Lockhart as Jack mentioned) are amongst the best I think. It's very moving. I did miss Pamela Sue Martin as Nancy Drew but I still find the last season very enjoyable and entertaining never the less.
Amazon is listing the price as $170.78 marked down from $243.97. This must be a mistake, surely? Season 3 was a shorter season with only 10 episodes produced.

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
younger1968 said:
Hopefully they can next work on the cartoon from 1969 that different spin on the books, but still worth having in my collection. I grew up with the hardy boys and still have close to 30 books laying around!
I grew up watching this cartoon series too in the afternoon... as well as The Beatles cartoons which were playing here at 7am (after The Thunderbirds). Would love to see this released also. I have all or most of the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew books released in the 70's. Also the 2 Hardy Boys LP releases that were used for music in the cartoon series. Great times!

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Great news! This is a total shocker. I had givn up on this one. Now if Shout can ressurect the long dead Baretta I'd really be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks