What's new

Names something you discovered on Sirius (1 Viewer)

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
Okay, we all got here for one reason or another. For many it's Stern, while others the NFL. Discuss one show or station that you discovered while flipping around.

I'll start it off.

I think Marky Ramone's show on Sirius Disorder 24

It's described as:
Marky Ramone's Punk Rock Blitzkrieg
Saturdays 10 pm ET
The Ramones weren't just a punk band: for many, they epitomized everything cool about punk rock. Listen Saturday nights as long-time drummer Marky Ramone plays live, rare and archival Ramones material, plus music that influenced the band and classic and contemporary punk. He'll also host live in-studio guests and take calls from listeners. That could be you... talking to one of the Ramones. Pretty cool.

Anyway it's a great show with some great early punk I have never heard before. There's many more to share but I am hoping some of you would like to chime in first...

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
jay thomas show on 102.always known him for being a actor but never knew he did radio.hes great to listen to
brewer unleashed on 104.hated this guy for like ten years and then got sirius and listen to him and he changed my mind.two words. gator yum yum.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
* The afternoon show (All Out) on Shade-45 is well done and occassionally laugh out loud funny. But the way they handle guests is fantastic, and their caller driven shows make it more entertaining then host centered programs.

* Tiffany Granath on Playboy Radio. The rest of the network sucks. But Tiffany Granath can be a real riot. Though I could deal with out the bogus science crystals/psychic BS, when she's just talking sex, sometimes the callers are so damn funny with problems that you just have to laugh.. sure, maybe at them, but still, you laugh.

* Every damn show on NFL Radio Network. But specifically "Afternoon Blitz" and "The Barber Shop" (Tikki/Ronde) are both really well done programs with some of the best interviews. You listen to ESPN do a five minute interview with someoen and think "OK" You hear the NFL radio do a 20 minute interview and ask virtually everything any fan wants to know - as well as press the issue and try to get real meat and you realize what you were missing really quickly. If you listened to draft day on ESPN, and then flicked over to NFL Radio, NFL Radio's coverage was so damn well done, so informative and to the point that it was scary. ESPN just covered the bases. NFL Radio ran them like mad, telling you cap implications of player signings, potential impact on playing schemes on teams, who would be at risk of being released, whether or not draft picks would please players on that team, etc. NFL Radio is one of my most listened to on the dial, and I've found that I have learned more in the off season about the habits of teams successful and teams that don't succeed then I do from anywhere else. And if you play fantasy then you are really missing out if you don't have access to NFL Radio.

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
okay i know his shows been on for a few weeks now but i'm usually busy at the time he's on but now i'm listing to him but i think red peters music hour is great the songs are funny and and i like reds droll personality.i dont think stern gets enough credit for creating 2 entertaining channels. and also tiffany on playboy in the afternoon.its great to hear a woman talk so frank like that.and bam on fraction 28.all those mentioned are NOT ON OLD TERRESTRIAL RADIO!!! ONLY ON SIRIUS!!!

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie

People always gripe about how much Sirius has paid for Stern but I agree with you. 2 channels of programming, albeit one is devoted to his show and replays but he's the only person really out there promoting Sirius, and trying to reach people.

The PB channel is pretty good. The Night show's pretty entertaining with Lynn and Canyon. Haven't caught Peter's show, but Riley's show is priceless.

Brent T

Second Unit
Please, please, please do yourself a favor and listen to Riley Martins show on 101. It has to be some of the most entertaining crap I have ever heard. I went on this guys website and was just in awe...

http://www.thecomingoftan.com/

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
My favorite channel I found, was channel 16, the Vault. They use a plug that says how deep their Vault is. When you call to make a request, you find out how shallow the Vault really is. Thru an automated line, you have to choose the artist, then you must pick a song from a choice of seven songs. That's it. An artist like Pink Floyd, I'd have trouble picking seven songs off the Wall. Somehow out of the bands complete library, they will only let you pick from a list of seven songs. Ridicules!!

Grumble... grumble...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks