What's new

Directors Name That Movie - A Contest (#4) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Dammit, I could've sworn I messaged Rob regarding Round 13...but checking my "Sent Messages" pile, it looks like I didn't.

(And for the record, The Insider is Mann's best film to date.:))

I have this round in the bag.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Hmmmmmm, I can't catch Chucky P in this bracket even if I get this one right. I'll have to turn up the comedy responses a notch to outdo this group of wisenheimers chuckleheads smartasses clowns.

Brad

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Well let's see, there are 10 Friday the 13th movies so I have a 1/10 chance of getting this one right!
Actually, you can narrow it down even further, because only one of the F13 films was shot in scope and at no point in that particular film were there two Jasons...:D

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Man, I even dared venture into a Friday the 13th fan site to see if I could find any corresponding info on two Jasons (didn't find any, but read about several dozen gruesome deaths that have been MPAA-ified over the years--I'd be pissed if I had any interest! :)).

Was gonna guess Jason Takes Manhattan cause there was a truck. Then I got distracted and forgot about the contest.

Shoulda known Heat, though.

Evan

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
[c]The Correct Answer To Round 14 is...from the Greatest title designer ever, Saul Bass (and an underrated Scorsese movie):

[/c]

[c] [/c]

[c]Correct Answers Came From:

Kevin Leonard
Chucky P
Bill McA

[/c]

Three Bonus Points for the Most Amusing Answer goes to Evan Case for his response: "An Acid Passage To India". :laugh:

The most common incorrect answer was "Shadow of the Vampire" with three guesses!

I called this one early since it appears that the only people capable of winning this bracket have already voted.

Back with Bracket Two winner(s) shortly.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
[c]The Winner of Bracket Two with 25 Points is:[/c]

[c]Chucky P
Bill McA
[/c]

So, we have a tie. I didn't mention this in the original post, but I think I will run a playoff. The first one to correctly answer without the other will be declared the winner of Bracket Two. Each image will be entitled "Bracket Two Playoff".

Please note that ANYBODY can submit an answer (and should) but points will not be awarded for Bracket Three.

Back with a playoff image and new bracket shortly.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
The playoff shot looks very familiar, though I can't place it.

Good thing I'm not one of the finalists. :D

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Well, I can't be too upset I didn't get Cape Fear. I've only seen it about 10 times! :angry:
Well, at least its good to know that there is somebody else out there who likes this movie as much as I do! :emoji_thumbsup:

A Note to Bill McA and ChuckyP:

Please let me know one way or the other whether you know the answer. If neither of you get it, I will proceed to post the next playoff picture without waiting until the next normally scheduled round!

Good luck!

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
[c]We Have a Winner For Bracket Two!

The Correct Answer Was:
[/c]

[c] [/c]

[c]The Correct Answer Came From:

ChuckyP
[/c]

I have no idea how he got it. I have to admit that I am actually a little disappointed, as I was hoping to post some more "difficult" shots in the playoff. I doubt that I would have known that shot was from Charade if I were playing myself!

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I agree with Wes (assuming I guessed correctly)

Oh and Rob, I think I accidentally put some other round instead of "Round 15" for the current shot, but I meant Round 15!

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Matt-

How did you manage to put "Round 13" in when you should be able to simply click on the image and have "Round 15" come up automatically???

:confused:

I agree with everyone who says this shot is from an underrated movie! :)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I know I guessed this one wrong, but I have seen that scene. I just can't place it. It's kind of like seeing the trailer for "Phone Booth" the other day. I recognized Keifer Sutherland's voice, but I couldn't place it. I watch "24" all the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks