What's new

Nad, Marantz, Elite, etc. (1 Viewer)

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
I need help picking out a receiver.

I want it primarily for music. The speakers it will be driving: Klipsch RF3II mains, SS-1 surrounds, and an SVS 2231 PCi.
I am looking at the Pioneer 45TX, the Marantz sr7200?, the NAD t752, and possibly the HK avr 525.
Preferably 6 channels
Any comments on the above? Which would be a nice match for the Klipsch?

TIA

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I have the Klipsch RF3-II series with a Denon 3802 and they sound great. The best thing you can do is go do some listening auditions to see which sounds best to you.

LeeG

Auditioning
I can only tell you I use the T752 for music and movies.

It is a very powerful receiver and, to my ears, delivers a balanced, full response--no mid peaks and full deep bottom on my Polk 10's, all without breaking a sweat. I use it for all ranges of music--modern classical, like John Adams, vocals, like Laurie Anderson, and ultra deep techno, like Massive Attack. I like how it looks and I like the user interface as much as anyone can like a modern user interface, since it's more a question of lesser evil.

Specs are honest--80 watts is 80 watts continuous, all frequencies. The set is not optimized for a phony high spec at 1000 Hz.

Marc H

Second Unit
I'd lean toward the H/K or NAD if you had to get really picky about things.

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
Do HK products tend to be conservative in the power ratings?

Also, does anyone know if the HK is SACD/ DVD-a ready?

How big of a difference would 192kHz/24bit D/A Converters make as opposed to 96/24?

Last edited by Chris

Yousaf

Second Unit
Chris:

"Do HK products tend to be conservative in the power ratings?"

Yes. I think just about all of their receivers exceed their specs, and are rated full bandwidth with all channels driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks