What's new

Nacho Libre (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It is probably a rental for me, but it does look funny. Jack Black is usually good for some laughs, just look at King Kong...:D

Henri C

Auditioning
Real Name
Henri Congleton
Napoleon Dynamite was good but this one just looks not to good in my opinion. Im not gonna pay to watch it theaters but might rent it when it comes out.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

Nacho Libre is actually inspired by a true story, believe it or not :D

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
My biggest issue with at least the trailer as I haven't seen the film yet, is that all the actor's appear to have watched Napoleon a little too many times and try to imitate Nap and crew. The more I see the trailer the less I want to see the movie. And I loved Napoleon.

I must admit I get a chuckle out of the scene where Jack is telling the nun about his "recreational" clothes.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
"It is I, NAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!"

"WHO???"

That exchance in the trailer has me laughing out loud every time I see it. Can't wait to see this.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
My friends and I are already saying NAAACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! all the time. And, we also love the salad preparation with the crushed/blown chips.

This may be the comedy gold hit of the summer. I'm not a NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE fan either, but the guy has talent. Even more important - this is written by Mike White.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I loved Napolean Dynamite, but have had a lukewarm reaction to the Nacho trailers. In general, I'm a huge Jack Black fan, but I dunno. I may wait for the DVD.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Interestingly, one of the potential issues about this movie is whether it denegrates Mexican culture. Hopefully, the producers/writers of Nacho Libre did carefully consult with people who knows about the Mexican wrestling scene of the 1950's and 1960's (when this type of wrestling was extremely popular in Mexico) and the movie will be as authentic as possible. :)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
We saw it last night and we all loved it! Jack was hilarious as was his sidekick...there were a few slow spots, but overall it was a lot of fun with some very offbeat humor.

Not sure the general public will embrace it, but the 20-30 something crowd (full house) we saw it with loved it...laughed a lot actually.

I'd give it 4 out of 5 nachos.

Oh and we got some fun free stuff.. :)

"Nachoooooooooooooooooo!"

James@R

Second Unit
Jack Black was on the Tonight Show last night, and he revealed that part of his inspiration for Nacho was Ricardo Montalban's performance in Wrath of Khan. :D

TedT

Second Unit

First of all, it's based on a true story.

Secondly, I believe that this type of wrestling is still VERY popular in Mexico, maybe more so now than ever.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Here come the reviews, which are all over the place- 52 at metacritic, 38 at RT (46 cream of the crop).

Regards,
Nathan

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It wasn't the greatest movie, but I laughed nonetheless, both at Jack Black's performance as Nacho, and his tag team partner, Esqueleto (his expressions and body language also provided some good laughs). It's got some good underlying intentions, and plenty of heart. Will it be a cult favorite like Napolean Dynamite, getting funnier with repeated viewings, not sure, but it entertained me on a superficial level.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
ain't it from same producer/writer of school of rock? any more reviews? i might catch this in 4 weeks if it ain't out of cinemas by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks