What's new

MythBusters and HTF... (1 Viewer)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Okay, this one was another good one, with a true Mythbusters-style approach to a problem. Jamie sure looked humbled by his, um, engineering error.

Still, I don't think either of them took the basic myth very seriously. It was just an excuse for wanton distruction and wrecking a car.

The Robin Hood myth was fun (Kari in Ren-faire garb never hurts) even if the end result was pretty easy to predict.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The whole episode seemed kind of "whatever". Not much planning or thought seemed to go into it. While it was good, it wasn't one of their better ones.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
At least they definitely showed not to leave an axe or bowling ball on the rear deck.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
In other Mythbuster news, the Discovery Science channel is showing a new British import called "Beyond Tomorrow". One segment each week is an excerpt from the Mythbusters. This week they used the "cell phone blows up gas station" myth.

I wonder how the Brits like Jamie and Adam?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That was pretty hilarious. Definitely noted as a "Don't Do."

This afternoon the channel reran the episode where Kari gets to butt model for the airline toilet suction myth. I've been waitin' for that ep for awhile! The final product was kind of a turn off after all the modifications she made though. :D

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Who cares about the final model? :D The image of Kari in that flesh-colored body suit more than made up for it.

Am I right that it was Kari's first appearance on the show?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I believe so. That was the first time I ever noticed her, and believe me, if she was on BEFORE that, I'd have noticed. :D

p.s. Has anyone else noticed that it seems like Kari and Tory have a 'thing' going on?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm choosing to ignore that possibility :D Actually, I think someone else mentioned something going on between her and Adam, but I just learned Adam is a newlywed.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I think we all are ;)

Seriously, I can't tell if it's just the typical "closeness with working together" kind of thing or if there's something more.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, Tory has his share of accidents from boneheaded stunts, so we might be seeing a lot of her comforting him after an injury. And if that is the case, I can see why he's always pulling those stunts :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yes, I believe so! The day he got his lip sucked into the vacuum cleaner motor was also when he asked her to marry him.

From the online chat transcript on the site:

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I still miss Scottie.

And I love the opening of her bio on the Discovery website:

Now that's a resume!

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
My only problem with this show is that sometimes they don't do an "apples-to-apples" comparison. In the Indiana Jones myth, the inflatable raft landed on a snowy hill, not a flat hard terrain which they did.

It was the same with shark week when they did the shark. Instead of going with Jaws' "Godzilla" shark they went with a size that was smaller and lighter because it fits with "known" figures.

Jaws had the Godzilla shark. Doused with radiation, it's bigger, badder and glows in the dark, too.

Other than that, I love the show and got de wife hooked on it as well.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, you can definitely tell the airplane cargo drop was really about them wanting a really cool destruction thing to happen (mainly for ratings). The test could NEVER replicate any one specific plane crash and all of the conditions that need to happen to achieve the same results.

Also, you know you've been watching this show for a long time when they were showing the air leaks in the phoney cockpit and you just KNEW something bad was going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks