Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
todd-erwin has published a new article.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume XXXV DVD Review

MST3K_v35a-150x150.jpg

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume XXXV offers up four more episodes new to DVD, but are not exactly representative of the series at its best....
Continue reading the original article.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
yeah, it's wonderful having these. Of course, I'll be replacing some old ones with the newer re-releases. And hoping they start on that there local season with a long hair Joel. Some of those are gems. Weinstein's Tom is particularly good in those.

(not so sure about the reboot. I'm tempted to pre-order the set for $100, but something is stopping me... much see more I guess, the teasers they did made it sound like someone's homemade try at mystery science theatering)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
(not so sure about the reboot. I'm tempted to pre-order the set for $100, but something is stopping me... much see more I guess, the teasers they did made it sound like someone's homemade try at mystery science theatering)
I'm just trying to think of with the idea that the show isn't going to be the same as what I love. As long as I remember that I can never go home again, I'll hopefully enjoy what they actually do rather than focusing on what isn't the same or as good as before.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
well you know, as kind of an afterthought watch it might be fun. But stacking it up next to my mst3k sets for watch after I'm finished with season 10 (on Season 4 now) it has a lot to prove! One thing I noticed is that all the players sound similar, the guy and the bots. That's something that was never a problem with any of the old shows starting with those local ones and ending with the last in Season 10. Voice variety, I think they miscast. The crow is good though... I like his voice. The other two... I'll have to see a finished one then write my check to Joel. Oh, I haven't seen Patton Oswalt in character yet but I think I'll like him as the new TV's Franks. I hope he can do it though, you know his wife died recently. Just a horrible thing for him and his daughter. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks