What's new

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume 10 recalled? (1 Viewer)

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I did the exact same thing. I was surprised to still find it in the stores, but it's disappearing from the online retailers.

BTW, Volumes 1 and 3 appear to be nearing extinction as well, due to the loss of the film rights.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Yes, apparently there is a rights issue with at least one title on Volume 10. Another reason I always get these sets right away!

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Not to derail the thread, but isn't Volume 11 due out in a couple of months? Shouldn't we have seen a title listing by now?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I was kind of stunned to see Godzilla vs Megalon on vol. 10; I assume that's the problem title (I can't imagine any giving a damn about Swamp Diamonds....)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i picked it up today at best buy.

its been there for a while i think
i doubt they have been getting new copies over the last coup,e months.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
These are selling for $95+ on ebay now. Amazon.com marketplace has a seller with one for $150. :frowning:

I just ordered one online for $53. I hope I can still get it. The order went through so we'll see. It looks good at this point. I don't want to say where I ordered since some might not of thought of it...and to keep the playing field level. Hee hee! Fans, keep looking. You too resellers! Good luck to all of us.

Vol. 11 is still good to go according to mst3k.com. :emoji_thumbsup:

Like others have said, this is the last time I put off buying these. I still need 6-9 and I'll be picking those up over the next 3 months or so.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Amen, brother. I took the opportunity during the last DDD 20% sale to pick up all the volumes I was missing. Roll on Volume 11!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I think in Feb I'm going to just buy all I don't yet have. It's rediculous to miss out on these.

I've checked my email about 2 dozen times waiting for a confirmation of the order or for shipping. Nothing yet. So..... *sells soul to Pitch* *joins the Martians to defeat Santa* *burns the Mexican Santa's butt with firecrackers*

This will make my Christmas if I can snag one of these for $50 instead of $100.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
have you guys been checking local borders.

they almost always have a 30% off floating around and my local the other day had 8 of the 10 sets on the shelf.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Their online site says "teamed with Amazon.com". So I figured they were out of them since Amazon is. Although you can never tell with the b&m locations.

I actually have someone checking a Borders and other places near them in case my current online order is a false hope.

Do something fast since there's several listed in amazon's marketplace for $199. :frowning: At least snag one on ebay. The cup&blade tape trading place will probably begin taking orders for these in the future (if they haven't already) so there's always that option. They have terrific copies of everything. I plan to buy the whole series from them in the near future.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Definitely check your Borders because tons of the ones on eBay have Borders price tags still on them. And I saw a number of them there about two weeks ago. Unfortunately, they've sold now (and were probably re-sold on eBay) but it's still worth it to take a look in your area.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
They're cleaning them out. :frowning: Well, you can't blame them. A good money making opportunity for them as we poor saps scrambled to get it while we can. I'm hoping I found somewhere they didn't think of. But I'm still waiting for "In progress" to change on my order. I should know before late this evening. I don't want to make any money so I'm only taking one if it's there for me. (whispers upward) ya hear that God? I only want one.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That could be a good bet. I'm thinking at this point there's still a few hidden somewhere at some no-name place. Unfortunately I'm in a small town with only a lame Walmart. There's probably not a single copy of that anywhere in my city. :frowning:

More and more it's looking like my attempt has failed. I ordered on 12/20 and it's still saying "in progress". At least if it said "sent to warehouse" or something I could pop the cork and do the victory dance.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
My local Best Buy had none. I went to Circuit City and the girl said, "We had to send those back several weeks ago." Luckily,this Circuit City apparently does not know how to keep their DVD section organized and I found a lone copy hanging out in the Sci-Fi section. :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Awesome dude! *hi-five*

Now, where do you live again?

*has cat burglar outfit refitted* :p

Damn, I'm gonna get coals in my stocking this year.

Users who are viewing this thread