What's new

My Tv Has Never Looked Better (1 Viewer)

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
That's because I just got glasses. :D

I cannot believe how much the picture looks better. plus everything else around me.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Mark,

Until recently I only wore glasses for reading but now I need them almost all of the time. The TV looks better with glasses, but movies at theaters still look better without them.

Out of curiosity have you tested your new glasses at a movie theater yet? I was wondering if anyone else that normally wears glasses finds that the picture at a theater is better without them.

Jay Taylor

Paul Bond

Stunt Coordinator
You must be far-sighted, Jay.

I've been wearing glasses since I was 12. I don't think I could even SEE the movie screen without mine.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Who would have thought that the best piece of HT gear you could ever buy would sit on the tip of your nose. ;)

Moe.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
For me they sit on top of my eyeball.. my contacts that is :D What an awesome change going from glasses to contacts

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I never really appreciated good picture quality (either onscreen or real-life!) until I started wearing glasses after my eyes went bad. I was reluctant to do it for a long time but finally had to when it came time to get my driver's license.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the 4-eyes club! :D

Feel free to scoff at the contacts users that will come into this thread, they think they are elite or something, but some of use are SO blind that we have no other option than glasses. Plus glasses are better if you are lazy like me, you just reach over, put them on and you are set for the rest of the day! :D

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Does anyone else find it nearly impossible to set the convergence on an RPTV when wearing glasses? I have to put my contacts in to do any kind of convergence adjustments. With my glasses on, any slight head movement creates red and blue lines where there aren't any.

Marc.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I have astigmatism with a slight shift to far-sightedness. I can actually pass the DMV eye test without glasses and I can see without them but since I work with blueprints and a computer all day I noticed about 6 years ago that I would to squint real bad and give myself headaches (I'm only 32 and need reading glasses ;) ). I have noticed that at theaters, I don't always need to wear them. The closer to the screen, the more it bothers me if I do not. I have noticed something else weird though.

Lets say I get home and start to watch TV, I have a 46" HDTV that is about 9 feet away, I can put on my glasses and everything does look sharper but of course my glasses introduce some additional distortions that are almost but not quite as bad as my vision without glasses. Almost like really bad edge enhancement. After a couple of hours, I can take my glasses off and bam, total clarity (for a while). Are my eyes somehow relaxing with the glasses on or something, then removing the glasses removes the distortion they add?

My wife was actually like 20/350 or something without glasses and always wore contacts. She literally could not recognize me from more than 5 feet away. She had Lasik at Duke about 4 or 5 years ago and now she is 20/15 in one eye and 20/25 in the other. She has less glare issues at night now that with her contacts or glasses, the only problem is that she is really sensitive to cutting onions now. I guess the contacts provided some type of protection against them or maybe the fact that she the surgery made her more sensitive.

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
I have not been to the movies as of yet since I have only had them a week now. But Damn I like what I am seeing out there including all the lovely ladies

:D

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Welcome to the glasses club. I can't wear contacts (turned my eyes BLOOD red) and don't really like the concept anyways. And I'm not even contemplating LASIK. It's a bit of a bummer to have the frame visible, but maybe I'll get slightly bigger glasses next time.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
I started wearing glasses when I went back to college (2nd degree at age 32) and discovered I couldn't see what was being written on the board. Then when I went into Vet school, I found that wearing glasses was kind of a plus, since it protected my eyes from blood and other spraying droplets during surgery. (It happens!)

I'm kind of interested in Lasik, but I'm also kind of chicken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks