What's new

My Three Sons? (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I'd like some MacMurray trivia confirmed via extras too: Was he really the richest actor in Hollywood? Did he really play his sax on the My Three Sons theme song? About his short workload: I remember reading at the time that his commitment to the series was like two weeks. All scripts had to be completed before the seasons started so all his scenes, closeups and interaction with other cast members, for the whole season could be shot first in those two weeks and inserted into each episode. Then off to the off to the golf course.

minnesota_mike

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Landry
I found information on the tv museum web page that explains that Fred MacMurray had agreed to work 65 non-consecutive days each season of the show, so each day he worked they had to film only his scenes to stay on schedule. That was a very concentrated effort on his part. He must have been good at memorizing lines of dialogue.

I was going to include an excerpt from the web site here but I cannot do it at this time because I cannot credit the source properly. As I am new to posting, the moderators are not allowing me to give the web link. You can google for it easily - search on "the MacMurray Method" and you will be given a link to the web page.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks